airbag suspension problems update (1 Viewer)

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Well I removed the rear airbags yesterday connected a direct air feed to them and submerged in water ....:( the bags themselves seem fine but due to the build design the seal where it meets the steel mounting brackets has failed ....its a shame as if they had been galvanised instead of painted steel this would have been prevented ....im sure if they could be repaired but time consuming and no guarantee so ive ordered replacement bags and brackets from Steve at Marcle leisure £350 and at least the replacements are galvanised so hopefully this problem will be avoided in the future

I might when I've spare time repair the old ones ....but they'll probably end up at the back of the garage

Bloody road tax is due too :( expensive month

OP
OP
T

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Replacement air bag kit arrived this morning and a quick hour under the van and it's fitted and up and running
Hopefully that's the end of my probs for a while :) ....and with the new shocks the ride should be much improved

Have to say the Dunlop kit is far superior to the one that was fitted by the converter 14 years ago .....but I guess time will tell if this kit lasts 14 years :)
14074968230980.jpg

OP
OP
T

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Just been for a nice long test drive and what a difference .....between the new air bags and the replacement drivers seat foam mable is like a new van :)

I'd have gone to Ayrshire for the night but it's started raining :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back