Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
OK 2016 Euro5+ Airbag light on.
Do I get a local person to read the code and reset if possible?
Do I take it into the main dealer?
Do I send the module off to crashdata to be read without getting it read at hom,e?

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
when mine failed I had to have module replaced at £340:sick:

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
I checked the wiring under the seat and found that the seat swivel had caused some minor damage.
Repaired and re-supported wiring.
Airbag warning light remained.
Bought Autel AP200 Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner Code Reader from Amazon. Not cheap but well thought of.
Downloaded appropriate software, connected scanner and cleared warning light.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 25, 2017
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
Since2012
I’ve just had mine come on 2012 Ducato. All ok on trip but when set to leave light came on. As moving seats a lot on site wondering if I’ve trapped cable. Will check when it stops raining ☔

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
I made all the checks suggested on the forum - then sent off to Crash Data - back couple days later - fitted - excellent service from them
yes i allowed my cab battery to go flat and that caused the airbag light to come on, just had the unit back from crash data.. two days turnaround. £70. jobs a good un... light now extinguished

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I made all the checks suggested on the forum - then sent off to Crash Data - back couple days later - fitted - excellent service from them
Did you fit it yourself?
If you did what was the routine on connecting and disconnecting?

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi - yep - did it myself and I ain't very techincal I can assure you -
Check Crash data web site first as I think they had instrctions? - I disconnected the battery - took it off no problems - On reconnecting when I got it back - I didn't locate the pins correctly at the first go - showed an error - phoned them - they said check connection again - sure enough when I worked from the outside the vehicle and getting right down to the level of where the pins go in it was much easier and you could feel the socket go home correctly - (dare I say - no problems since - over a year ago)
Hope that helps?

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Did you fit it yourself?
If you did what was the routine on connecting and disconnecting?
very easy. disconnect battery live and leave for 30 mins.. the unit is located below the centre console. 3 bolts to floor. unbolt, there are two connectors, disconnect, put into jiffy bag with copy of your receipt from Crash data.. and bingo two days later you can refit, did mine two days ago and so far |(touch wood) no problems

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Crash data make a fortune out of motorhomes who let the starter battery go flat.
Seldom have them from commercial Ducato vans that are always on the go.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
My battery was not flat in March when I went to storage to take for an MOT. Next time I started it no light and passed MOT.
Then in August it came on and stayed on since. Battery not flat. Diagnostic machine said fault with module.
Another job for Crashdata.
MH is Fiat 2012

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
My battery was not flat in March when I went to storage to take for an MOT. Next time I started it no light and passed MOT.
Then in August it came on and stayed on since. Battery not flat. Diagnostic machine said fault with module.
Another job for Crashdata.
MH is Fiat 2012
Have you had it done yet?

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
No. Occurred in France. Then quarantine then just back from Cornwall.
I tried disconnecting vehicle battery but interior light still on !
Could have been backfeeding from leisure battery via Battery master?
Will remove earth terminals on leisure battery and If necessary solar panel and battery master.

I want total isolation for removal and refit.

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Hi - yep - did it myself and I ain't very techincal I can assure you -
Check Crash data web site first as I think they had instrctions? - I disconnected the battery - took it off no problems - On reconnecting when I got it back - I didn't locate the pins correctly at the first go - showed an error - phoned them - they said check connection again - sure enough when I worked from the outside the vehicle and getting right down to the level of where the pins go in it was much easier and you could feel the socket go home correctly - (dare I say - no problems since - over a year ago)
Hope that helps?
Got the instructions and crashdata said the faultcode B0100-49 fault code should be present when I get someone to read the code. This indicates an internal fault on the module.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
No. Occurred in France. Then quarantine then just back from Cornwall.
I tried disconnecting vehicle battery but interior light still on !
Could have been backfeeding from leisure battery via Battery master?
Will remove earth terminals on leisure battery and If necessary solar panel and battery master.

I want total isolation for removal and refit.

Mine hasnt been flat!

Could be something else then Or the battery was just low.
I was simply pointing out it's the most common problem before you spend £100 with Fiat for a diagnostic

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Could be something else then Or the battery was just low.
I was simply pointing out it's the most common problem before you spend £100 with Fiat for a diagnostic
Thanks for that. Battery was not low. In August battery kept fully charged.
My sons have a garage and I used the Snap On machine which said fault with unit so no cost to diagnose !

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Thanks for that. Battery was not low. In August battery kept fully charged.
My sons have a garage and I used the Snap On machine which said fault with unit so no cost to diagnose !

You were lucky he has a reader. I know the snap on reader is excellent -- but very expensive.
I would sooner take my chances with Crash data rather than spending a lump of money with Fiat just for them to tell me it's the module

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
When I had the dreaded light on previous van I disconnected all power then took all the connectors apart checked the wires for damage and cleaned the contacts. Got a mobile autosparks to check the code and reset £50 callout. No problem since.

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I've got a local person coming to read the code and also do an oil change reset after I do the oil and filter. He is charging me £45 for reading the airbag code, resetting if possible and resetting the oil service in the ecu.

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Has anyone fitted a Yuasa YBX5020 battery?
My van is 4> years old so I am thinking maybe change the battery the same time as I have the Airbag fault sorted as a precaution, as most motorhomes are generally a year older than the registration and could have had a flat battery while waiting to be fitted out and sold.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Both our 2 last A class vans the airbag wiring got caught swiveling the drivers seat, repaired the wiring myself and put the lamp out with a ODB scanner, the wiring had not been secured correctly, so it got caught in the swiveling mech, it dies not seem to be so much of a problem on coach builts

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Both our 2 last A class vans the airbag wiring got caught swiveling the drivers seat, repaired the wiring myself and put the lamp out with a ODB scanner, the wiring had not been secured correctly, so it got caught in the swiveling mech, it dies not seem to be so much of a problem on coach builts
The wiring under the seats looks good on mine

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
It seems that some airbag e.c.u. failures are not caused so much by a FLAT battery, but also insufficient voltage when attempting to start the engine, as told to me by a trusted Peugeot / Ford service manager, the insufficient voltage somehow corrupts the airbag e.c.u.

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
It seems that some airbag e.c.u. failures are not caused so much by a FLAT battery, but also insufficient voltage when attempting to start the engine, as told to me by a trusted Peugeot / Ford service manager, the insufficient voltage somehow corrupts the airbag e.c.u.
So maybe time for a new battery.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
So maybe time for a new battery.

Maybe, depends if your battery is holding a charge, it'll obviously slowly discharge if the Moho's parked up for a while without any other means of charging the battery. (y)

Due to Covid our Moho hasn't been used all year so I charge both batteries weekly (y)

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Maybe, depends if your battery is holding a charge, it'll obviously slowly discharge if the Moho's parked up for a while without any other means of charging the battery. (y)

Due to Covid our Moho hasn't been used all year so I charge both batteries weekly (y)
Looks to be OK while sitting but who knows while cranking? And as the van is over 4 years old the battery will be 5 years old for the sake of £100 is it worth risking it? Battery

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back