Free Member
May 30, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2 days
I noticed today an air valve at the rear of my MH and havent got a clue what its for.....

It is located below the rear corner of the passenger side garage door.....

Does anyone have any ideas what its is ????

Des

OP
OP
Tommy_harry

Tommy_harry

Free Member
May 30, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2 days
:Doh::Doh:simples when you know.....:Doh::Doh:

Thanks Dick:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
must get one of those for mine.

the spare lives in the center of a stepped belly 'through' locker and the valve is inaccessible due to a 2" clearance.

as it weighs around 30kg/40kg its a tad heavy to haul out just to check the pressure :Sad:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
My first thought was that it is the valve for air suspension ...

Looks like I was out voted .. :roflmto:

As a matter of interest, where do they normally fit the air ride suspension valve ?

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Located in a rear locker

My first thought was that it is the valve for air suspension ...

Looks like I was out voted .. :roflmto:

As a matter of interest, where do they normally fit the air ride suspension valve ?

Depends on model, but often they install the air valve for the suspension in a locker.. But normally there is two of them, one for each side .. Mine has a remote control unit I clip to my sun visor, but the airlift 5000 did have the option of a kit that allowed the use of an external air supply to be used if no on board compressor was fitted. But I do not see any reason why there should not be a single air line running via a splitter!

Air suspension on American trucks often had the valve fitted into the fixing area of the rear number plate in place of one of the screws and they did often have a single valve on those.

Bob

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Depends on model, but often they install the air valve for the suspension in a locker.. But normally there is two of them, one for each side .. Mine has a remote control unit I clip to my sun visor, but the airlift 5000 did have the option of a kit that allowed the use of an external air supply to be used if no on board compressor was fitted. But I do not see any reason why there should not be a single air line running via a splitter!

Air suspension on American trucks often had the valve fitted into the fixing area of the rear number plate in place of one of the screws and they did often have a single valve on those.

Bob

Where you been?

I nearly relpied to this thread then realised Autotrail Chieftan not Winne, still possible it's air but being Euro probably spare tyre as above.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Air-ride is different to air suspension Bob :winky:On ours (air suspension) my adjustment knob is on the side of the driver seat,from there you can adjust the ride firmness and if necessary (in the event of built in compressor failure) pump up the suspension.:thumb:Also switches on the dash and handbrake allow the rear to drop then pop back up when the h/b is let off.
On the air rides I have seen they had two valves in the foot-well one for each side/ bag and you simply blew them up to required firmness etc
terry

OP
OP
Tommy_harry

Tommy_harry

Free Member
May 30, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2 days
Thanks all - it is as Dick suggested for the spare tyre.... alas I dont have air suspension on the van..

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
The valves can be fitted anywhere

Air-ride is different to air suspension Bob :winky:On ours (air suspension) my adjustment knob is on the side of the driver seat,from there you can adjust the ride firmness and if necessary (in the event of built in compressor failure) pump up the suspension.:thumb:Also switches on the dash and handbrake allow the rear to drop then pop back up when the h/b is let off.
On the air rides I have seen they had two valves in the foot-well one for each side/ bag and you simply blew them up to required firmness etc
terry

Hi Terry

The valves on the air rides can be fitted anywhere you decide ..as you say some inside the doors other places in the lockers.. As I said on pickup trucks they locate them in the numberplate.. My remote system allows for 4 air bags, although I only have two installed on the rear.. But I was last night looking on a few yank sites and even found my RV (one like it) that had the air valves in the dump locker... So it can be fitted anywhere, but I agree this looks like it may be for a spare tire inflation.

Bob

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
i got/had a cheiftan thats depending on brownhills at swindon but thats another matter ??? its for spare tyre ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back