air suspension. (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Any one know how much it costs to have air suspension supplied and fitted? BUSBY.

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
AS are about £700 up according to your chassis, great result for me !!

I am not a DIY person

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
£400 for the kit and 2 hours to fit it. so even if you get a local mechanic to fit it, you should only pay £550 maximum

its not rocket science to fit the air springs so pretty much anyone with the tools can do it. in fact its so easy there are companies that fit it at the shows, so no garage needed if you are slim enough to slide under the van and cable tie the hoses

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
My memory is not the sharpest knife in the drawer but...

1. A friend of mine and I fitted airbag assisters to his Boxer parked by the side of a beach in the Algarve in about an hour and a half so a garage should be able to do it in less time. The airbags and fittings were aroundcthec £300 mark.

2. A garage owning Funster friend fitted airbags to my Iveco in an hour using a pit and with access to all the tools... the bags were under £400.

So... I think you might find a more affordable quote than £700 unless you are going for the (unnecessary in real life) on board compressor and buttons as well.

Mind you... what ever you choose to pay, once fitted, I believe they will improve your ride dramatically.

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
A simpler alternative to air bags is these:
http://www.rubbersuspension.com/
They are easier to fit than the bags and they will never pop. I imagine, with air bags, if you go for onboard controls it will be like variable speed wipers, they're never at the right setting.
I had a specific problem with very hard suspension, the van crashed on nearly every bump in the road. The hollow rubber springs are softer than the OE assistors and have proved quite successful.
Also, the don't cost half as much

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
The rubber thingies look interesting and I am sure they work well.

But even without the onboard compressor etc the airbags are simplicity itself to inflate and deflate if you want to adjust your suspension for different loads/conditions...

JJ :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back