Free Member
Mar 4, 2008
essex/london
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
since 2008
am expecting to take delivery of a new apache 634l sometime in june,does anyone know the benefits of Air suspension.:Eeek:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi my van has rear air suspension and it is a lot smother ride and less "roll" all in all a lot better than (same van type)my old spring set up.The only down side is I have to wait a couple of mins on startup for it to blow it's self up (after a couple of days stood) but you can ajust firmness to suit (hard or softer) depending on your preference.All in all :thumb::thumb::thumb: I can also park on a slope and lower it to level van out:thumb:
terry

Dec 29, 2007
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1996
am expecting to take delivery of a new apache 634l sometime in june,does anyone know the benefits of Air suspension.:Eeek:

Is you new mh on the new Fiat Ducato motorhome chassis? if so it might be best to try it out first as it is designed for the motorhome conversion.

That said we did have Airides put on our Cheyenne 660 but so far haven't on the new one collected Nov 07. Will see how it performs in France for 3 months and then decide. Hoping not to need them this time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M

Mark & Dee

Deleted User
Our 36ft itasca suncruiser,s 2 rear axle,s are on air and the ride is exeptionally good when fully loaded and a 2 ton car trailer on the back:Eeek:.Not so sure what the ride is like on the smaller ones though:winky:

PFH

Free Member
Jul 15, 2008
WALES
Funster No
MH
LOW LINE COACH
Exp
3 Years
Hi,
I fitted air ride system to my Autotrail Miami. made a vast improvement to ride / handling. Also much more stable on motorways when passing or being passed by trucks

W

Wilbury

Deleted User
Hi All,
I should not need to say this, but the original suspension should be better in the first place.
Is this yet another case of under engineering and goods not being fit for purpose?
Wilbury

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Although Air Ride is well priced and a good product it can't be used on Al-Ko chassis - Towtal now do a system specifically for Al-Ko Chassis but it is quite a lot more expensive. There is also a garage somewhere near Manchester or in that area, who also advertise Al-Ko compatible air suspension, but it was even more expensive.

My van has a long rear overhang which scrapes the driveway when I turn out into the road, and the road when I turn up into the driveway - I was thinking of fitting one of these systems in order to get a few inches more lift to the van in the hope of stopping the scraping. Luckily, it sounds far worse than it is as it scrapes on the edge of the towbar bumper (its a Towtal towbar)- if the towbar was not in place it would have damaged the rear bumper underneath. Apart from the money involved (about ÂŁ800 I think it was), I just need to get the time off to take the van in to have it done :Eeek:

Laurie

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.

Hello there,
We had Air Rides fitted last year to our 2006 Dethleffs on a Fiat chassis - not Alko - and noticed an instant improvement. The suspension had been spending a lot of time on the bump stops from the look of them, which explained the somewhat less than gentle ride. On the motorway it'd also roll and veer like a pig when alongside even fairly small trucks and vans; it wallowed on bends and was quite noisy. The air rides were fitted by GB in Honiton (about ÂŁ400 IIRC) and now, inflated to 39psi, the ride is smoother and quieter, doesn't wallow so much on the bends and feels a lot more secure in the company of large vehicles at motorway speeds. Hadn't realized how 'basic' the original set-up was:Sad:

Recommended from here.

John

Last edited:

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
we had the new ais suspension fitted to our elldis autostratus on an al-ko chassis because of low ground clearance , and the rear came up 4 to 5 inches. we are relly pleased are we now can board ferrys without scraping the deck . fitted by A S suspension at warrington wa4 6et. tel num 01925 241 200. the guy did a wonderful job in a spotless work shop . we reccomend his workmanship and service to any one :thumb:

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
I appear to have air suspension although i have no idea what pressures to set it to as i have no paperwork,maybe someone can advise,

Sorry don't mean to hijack the thead.

Regards

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I fitted Airsuspension to Apache 700 and the diference is vastly noticable.
As for air pressure mine is from 15psi upto 40psi, mine has been set at 30psi since i fitted it. Well worth the money.

Andy

Black Five

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2008
Padfield
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8 years
We had air suspension fitted to our Knaus, which is on an Alko chassis, last year. It greatly improved the comfort and handling and is thoroughly recommended. We had it done by AS Air Suspension UK Ltd, Warrington, AS Air Suspension UK Ltd Home Page, again highly reccommended.
Rex:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back