Air suspension (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Denis Stone I'd contact Dave Newell who's garage is not that far away from you.
Dave has been a member on here for ages and contributes with posts and advice.
At least you'll know that you're getting a good job done and you've someone to contact if the product develops any glitches.
I looked at the Dunlop self fit system (not sure whether you are able to fit yourself) but it wasn't an option for my motorhome being a tag axle and I couldn't really justify the cost of a decent system on all six wheels as we don't seem to get off anywhere frequently in our motorhome.
Anyway, send him a message or give him a bell, I'm sure he will spare you five minutes worth of his advice and then you can take it from there.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Bit of a thread resurrection here. I am looking at options for improving the rear suspension on my Fiat Ducato and have been recommended the Easitop kit. Has anyone purchased recently who could tell me what import duties/ taxes are likely to be on top of the purchase price?
Thanks
Howard

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Im booked in with Rhino installs to have it done in May, im having it with compressor and gauges plus independent left/right inflation. Cost is Ā£1400 fitted. Not sure if there is a discount though for MHF ? I hope it makes a difference after spending that :giggle:
Wow that sounds expensive I bought my kit including the gauges and compressor from Marcel leisure,went for the Dunlop kit , took me 4 hours just taking my time all air pipes run through conduit compressor fitted under drivers seat gauges on the rh side just next to steering wheel , best addition to the van much more stable drive no wind suck when passing lorries and more stable in high wind speed .and a plus if you have a large overhang and going on a ferries ramp you can raise up the rear end .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2022
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
RT Pergaso 740
Bit of a thread resurrection here. I am looking at options for improving the rear suspension on my Fiat Ducato and have been recommended the Easitop kit. Has anyone purchased recently who could tell me what import duties/ taxes are likely to be on top of the purchase price?
Thanks
Howard
I installed a air bag system on mine MH, similar to the one in ebay link below, only my one had a switch for the pump, there other ones on ebay with a switch, they are about Ā£100 more, took me 3 hours to install, put the blue tubes though the gas box and drilled hole from gas box to top inside wheel arch, see photos, every thing fitted perfect. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/26518316...d=link&campid=5338547443&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

Attachments

• IMG_5363 (2).JPG
    IMG_5363 (2).JPG
    538.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_5365 (2).JPG
    IMG_5365 (2).JPG
    513.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5456.JPG
    IMG_5456.JPG
    440.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5459 (2).JPG
    IMG_5459 (2).JPG
    460.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_5460 (2).JPG
    IMG_5460 (2).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 84
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Thanks
Howard

I can't answer your question specifically but why 'easitop' particularly? There are many very similar but different kits available on eBay. Would be less administrative hassle

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
I can't answer your question specifically but why 'easitop' particularly? There are many very similar but different kits available on eBay. Would be less administrative hassle
Ease of fitment. Ill have to hold off for now though, blown the budget on new alarm, lithium, solar and tyres.
Ill maybe get them sent out to a freind in Spain and pick them up when I haed over to his place next year.

Feb 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
PPVC Autocruise Alto
Exp
I'm a newbie
At high pressure the bags are presumably more ā€œrigidā€ but for us the ride feels softer like this. Is having the bags at a higher pressure and therefore with more ride height and suspension travel should the ride be softer as we feel, or should a softer ride be with low pressure in the bags?

I ask as we have the Dunlop system fitted and the ride feels softer with more pressure and ride height than when we have low pressure in the bags.

Iā€™ve tried running at 1.5 bar all the way up to 4 bar and have settled at 3.5 bar for a fully laden van. Iā€™d be glad for your thoughts.

Feb 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
PPVC Autocruise Alto
Exp
I'm a newbie
Not wishing to take thread of topic but which system would the users advise ? Peugeot Boxer LWB PPVC which I tow a race car in an enclosed trailer, total towed weight 1200 kg. The trailer nose weight is fine and within its requirement for stability etc.
Just thinking for extra help on rear springs on our horrendous UK roads and help from side winds.
Competent mechanic so will self fit etc.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
If you dont go down the easi top route my method makes life easier.
Recently replaced my Bumpstops for semi air.
it is the cheap variety that uses a top bracket that can be difficult to align and requires removal and replacement of the U bolt clamps.
There are different versions that maybe easier to fit because of the alignment issues. I think my method reduces the problems (well the 2nd was easier)
First things first it is a low mileage 2017 reg in 18 so not rusty as xxxx needing the clamps cutting off, the welder was also readied for use (just in case the bumpstops were rusted in place and the poor welding of stud to ring gave up), but not required. look at at least 3 vids you will get an idea what you need to do.
What I did (on 2nd side) not mentioned on vids I watched.
Van on high ramps
lubricate u bolt threads and time to penetrate.
filled water tank up. Not a good idea the rear of van needs jacking up, second side opposite water did not.
In comfort:
get bellows, fit air connection.
compress bellows and restrain with tie wraps.
fit air line.
fit lower bracket (feed air line through)
attach with 2 bolts loosely.
sup tea.
Back to van.
Remove Bumpstop.
I used hammer and chisel, then by hand mine was easy. Alternatively use a mega chain wrench. Welder was ready to threaten poorly welded items.
there is a bracket on one side that would interfere with the bellows, modify it by bending or cutting and rerouting the cable/pipe.
Remove U bolts and bracket.
This requires muscles like what I avent got or serious leverage a 2 foot bar min and at one stage I added a 4 foot pipe. If really rusty its time for the angle grinder and new U bolts.
Top Plate fitting
At this point one u tuber hammered the top mounting area flat.
Using a thread lubricant eg copaslip, Rocal thread lubricant or the like attach top plate with the centre bolt.
place 2 bolts in plate hole, align plate front to back and tighten centre bolt.
Bellows Fitting
Put compressed bellows assembly into position
fit pipe to gauge / inflation device. this is a temporary fix to control inflation of the bellows.
Align bellows and fit ubolts, tighten to allow movement to align the top fixing bolts.
cut tie wraps. the expansion can be controlled by the schrader valve.
Remove tie wraps.
Align and fix top bolts to the bellows.
Align entire assembly and tighten bolts expand the bellows until pressure is totally released and all bolts tightened.
Remove the air pipe from gauge and route to the favoured location through favourite protection. Following the curve of the brake cable should give sufficient travel with suspension movement. tie wrap losely to cable and other mounting points
airsuspension1.jpg

Pipework
Remove the air pipe from gauge and route to the favoured location through favourite protection. Following the curve of the brake cable should give sufficient travel with suspension movement. tie wrap losely to cable and other mounting points.
Locate gauges/inflation device in an appropriate position.
I chose the Gas Cupboard.
Alternative Gauge positions
At rear in garage or near Barn doors.
In front:
Side panel of drivers seat.
Cubby hole on rhs under the air vent
Behind drivers seat on B pillar
Last Lap
Pump up each side if separate and check for leaks. If none your almost done. Pump to a set value clear up and remove from ramps.

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
Yes ,very easy to fit, no undo axle U bolts, they just clamp to spring.
I fitted mine in 2016.
The one I purchased on eBay 2 years ago was the same. They just clamped on top of the leaf springs. I haven't been able to find them recently though.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Well I bought the Martech kit with the double gauges in the end.
Thought it would be an easy job, however I am struggling to find somewhere to put the gauges and inflator at the moment. Plan was to install it in the drivers seat base panel as per my previous van. However The underseat battery and MPPT are in the way so I dont have the clearance for the rear of the gauge and air pipe. Similar on the passenger seat the EBL is in the way. The gauges and valves are designed to fit in a panel under the drivers air vent, but I have a few toggle switches in that location so thats out.
Think Ill leave it for now and see if I can think of something over the winter.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Well I bought the Martech kit with the double gauges in the end.
Thought it would be an easy job, however I am struggling to find somewhere to put the gauges and inflator at the moment. Plan was to install it in the drivers seat base panel as per my previous van. However The underseat battery and MPPT are in the way so I dont have the clearance for the rear of the gauge and air pipe. Similar on the passenger seat the EBL is in the way. The gauges and valves are designed to fit in a panel under the drivers air vent, but I have a few toggle switches in that location so thats out.
Think Ill leave it for now and see if I can think of something over the winter.
You used to be able to get an insert that fitted under the dash in the tray to left or right (depending whether LHD or RH) under the steering wheelšŸ¤” you can see it in this kitšŸ˜Š
IMG_4721.png

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
You used to be able to get an insert that fitted under the dash in the tray to left or right (depending whether LHD or RH) under the steering wheelšŸ¤”
I have a few toggle switches fitted in the place the insert is supposed to go. Dont really want to move them, but might not have a choice.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back