air suspension

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by robnchris, Mar 4, 2010.

1. robnchris

robnchris Funster

Ratings:
    +2,248
    Hi Everyone,

So yesterday we got up took the m/h to Air Suspension in Warrington, spent the day in Machester and went back paid and drove it home, the difference is amazing.
    It`s certainly as good as everyone said, the drive home was so much better, didn`t feel the trucks passing on the motorway, just a lovely stable drive.
    So thanks to Phil and Cathy from A & S for a job well done and to Pat and Jan for bringing A/S to our attention.

If you want to improve your trucks ride then we recommend you get down to Air Suspenion.:thumb:

2. iceni

iceni

Ratings:
    +115
    Hi Both
    Yes the other firm Airride have been round for a number of years and people who had this fitted to their its always reported the same - much better handling and roadholding.

Body roll is reduced too round corners.

The system shouldnt be used to try and carry heavier loads though.

Phill

3. smifee

smifee

Ratings:
    +3
    Had mine done in January but didn't want to report until I'd given it a thorough testing. AS removed a driverite system that wasn't up to the job and fitted theirs.

Have recently returned from a 7 week 5200 mile trip taking in Belgium, France, Spain, Portugal & Luxembourg. Most miles done on major roads but some of them were in a dreadful state. Also did a fair few miles on the back roads of Portugal & France. A couple of hundred miles were done on snow & ice.

The AS system is stronger, the ride quieter & smoother. I don't get the loud bangs or extreme movement that I got before when hitting potholes. This is particularly noticeable when both rear wheels hit potholes at the same time.

More expensive but a much better system.