Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
What news on the Air Suspension Smiffee?

Is it all sorted now?

Just ordered 2 units for the rear.I ope it does the trick as I need to fit 2 LPG tanks there this year.

Steve.

smifee

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
chandler's ford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi American Dream

By heck it were parky oop there but job done.

I thought I was in a different van coming back home. Someone had stolen most of my rattles.

That's the only journey so far as I found that a locking wheel bolt had sheared off on the rear offside wheel. I suspect it is because I had the bolts made and don't know if the torque settings for the Fiat bolts apply.

That has been fixed today and I intend to replace the other 3 locking bolts with the original Fiat bolts. Then I think I might offer to take Angie out for a drive in the van & a meal. Just to the dump to get rid of the xmas rubbish & the chippy on the way back. Last of the big spenders that's me:Blush:

So first impression is that it's better. Off to Portugal, for 7 weeks, in 2 weeks time and as I use the back roads & tracks a lot it should get a good testing. Will keep a better lookout for Portugues speed bumps this time.

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
I am booked in on Wed 27th jan to have my carthago done.

Like most people I did lots of research on the different systems and fitters, AS came out the best on all counts. As one post says "not the cheapest" but you get what you pay for. I will let you know what it feels like and what i think of the finished job after the weekend as we will be going down to Essex and back to Liverpool so will have had a good run.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Hi Patrick.
Had mine done last October and the difference is stunning with very stable rear ride. The height has also made the van more comfortable to handle. I'm sure you will be very happy.
Wiljoy

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
I am booked in on Wed 27th jan to have my carthago done.

Like most people I did lots of research on the different systems and fitters, AS came out the best on all counts. As one post says "not the cheapest" but you get what you pay for. I will let you know what it feels like and what i think of the finished job after the weekend as we will be going down to Essex and back to Liverpool so will have had a good run.

Hi Patrick
We also had ours done by AS last September, i think you have choosen the right company
to fit it for you.
I did my research and found AS was the best as you say not the cheapest but i think you will be more than pleased with the job is done.

billy

motaomer

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
hampshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
10+
air suspension to the front

:roflmto::roflmto: all u need is to leave your wallet in the back :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

david and ann

Free Member
Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
After having a very bad experience with simple air suspension I have put off purchasing units for the last 10 years.
My last experience with these quick fit units ended 4 miles after fitting and they simply fell off. They had been fitted with self tapping screws so a good job there.
After doing much research I kept coming up with the same name from fellow motorhomers, AS Air Suspension of Warrington. Not the cheapest but I have done cheap to my cost. Feeling confident I paid for the units at Pickering Show and last week had them fitted, properly.
The job was carried out in a very creditable manner with a very tidy workshop and very helpful staff. We left the vehicle at 9am and Catherine drove us to Warrington for a train to Liverpool. At 3pm we were collected and taken back to the van. Phil showed us the finished job before removing the vehicle from the pit, first class. I suggested they start a school for motorhome dealers regarding customer care and service, he passed on this one.
I hope this helps others decide on a reputable company that offers REAL customer care but doesn't brag about it. There phone number is 01925 241200.
Wiljoy:thumb:
Hi
Have ha air suspension on my benimar since new. always use it pumped up cos not happy with ducato ride especially in strong winds and corners.
As long as you dont then think your in a race car its great. Use with sense and they'll look after you. Only downside is a harder ride.
Cheers
David
Sax Alicante

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi American Dream

By heck it were parky oop there but job done.

I thought I was in a different van coming back home. Someone had stolen most of my rattles.

That's the only journey so far as I found that a locking wheel bolt had sheared off on the rear offside wheel. I suspect it is because I had the bolts made and don't know if the torque settings for the Fiat bolts apply.

That has been fixed today and I intend to replace the other 3 locking bolts with the original Fiat bolts. Then I think I might offer to take Angie out for a drive in the van & a meal. Just to the dump to get rid of the xmas rubbish & the chippy on the way back. Last of the big spenders that's me:Blush:

So first impression is that it's better. Off to Portugal, for 7 weeks, in 2 weeks time and as I use the back roads & tracks a lot it should get a good testing. Will keep a better lookout for Portugues speed bumps this time.

Cheers Smifee..

Sounds like you got the required result.

I'm really looking to get mine done asap.

Always get a lot of body roll around roundabouts...I expect a bit harder ride as I feel these RV's always ride a bit soft on our roads.

Have a great trip.

I'll weld my brackets in place.

Don't like the idea of Self Tapping screws...The thought scares me..:whatthe:

Steve.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back