Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
We had our Autotrail fitted with air suspension by AS Air suspension Ltd in Warrington
we were made to feel very welcome both before and after the air suspension system
was fitted.
When we collected our motorhome you could see the difference straight away
we inspected the work and a professional job was done again impressed.
On taking the motorhome home we could feel the difference straight away
cornering felt much safer especially going around roundabouts.
On the motorway was a big improvement i found i was not fighting for control as i did before when passing wagons again impressed.
Getting it on and off the drive is now a lot easier and safer.
We also noticed when we walked around the motorhome it did not rock as much as it used to wife impressed.
I would recommend anyone who has not got air suspension to get it well worth the money and you won't regret getting it.:thumb:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Glad you're pleased with it - they did ours last summer and it's been great! Good getting on and off ferries too!:thumb:
1st class service all round! Well done Cath and Phil!:thumb:

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
As a matter of interest, what pressure do you have yours at? With no instructions or information I have mine at 4 bars, is that about right?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
billy

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
hi steelysteph

he told me to set it at 3bar and adjust to suit but said i can go upto 6bar so 4bar should be ok

charlie24

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Maryburgh, Ross shire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
I also had mine done by Phil last year. First class service from an extrememly nice couple. I run mine about 1.5 bar as suggested by Phil and find that about right. 4 bar will make it quite hard I think.
It has transformed my van.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I have thought about this for my van. Roughly how much did it cost and how long did the job take?

Rgds
Bill

charlie24

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Maryburgh, Ross shire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
If memory serves me right about £650 for non Alko chassis and about 6 hours to fit. Cath usually takes you into Warrington to shop and will collect you when ready.
If you are going to Lincoln show call in and see them there.

OP
OP
billy

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
I have thought about this for my van. Roughly how much did it cost and how long did the job take?

Rgds
Bill

Hi Bill
It cost us £683 and took 5hrs sounds a lot of money but the results are fantastic:thumb:
Billy

As for the pressure i think the setting must differ regarding size of motorhome
as phil told me to start at 3bar

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Had mine done at Stratford last year 08. Done by Air-Ride less than £400 and took about an hour. Great crew.

Don

OP
OP
billy

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
We went to the Pickering show for the purpose to buy air suspension we looked at both Air ride and AS suspension
Personally i thought the AS suspension looked a more robust system.
We were told by AS suspension at the show that it would take 5 hours to fit in their workshop at Warrington and Air ride said they could do it there and then in 1 hour
Personaly i prefered to have it fitted in the workshop when we collected our motorhome after the fitting i could see why it too 5 hours to fit with the quality of workmanship.
If you are thinking of having air suspension fitted look at both systems and make you own mind up.

If it stops raining over the weekend i will try and take some photos and post them

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back