Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Hello

Will later this year have air suspion on our older MB Hymer but after researching see there are lots of suppliers/fitters.

We are based in the south east but are prepared to travel if one company stands out from the crowd.
I am very practical but also busy at the moment, but would also consider fitting myself if the saving were enough.

Thanks

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
AS Air Susension in Warrington, did a great job for us and we made a trip away out of it staying at the C&CC site at Delamere Forest, great for a train ride from the gate into Chester for the day.

After leaving the van at AS we were dropped off at the station in Warrington where we took a train into Liverpool for the day, job done on our return.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
AS Air Susension in Warrington, did a great job for us and we made a trip away out of it staying at the C&CC site at Delamere Forest, great for a train ride from the gate into Chester for the day.

After leaving the van at AS we were dropped off at the station in Warrington where we took a train into Liverpool for the day, job done on our return.

I'll second that:thumb:........................AS do a great job & Cath and Phil are smashing people. We stayed at Chester Oaks club site

PS They also advertise on this site and are members

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Although AS are less than 10 mile away I went for the Airide System, mainly due to peoples experiences and cost.
Some one with the same van as ours paid £200 less 3 months previously at AS than they quoted me. When we both queried this they said they had a price increase (some increase)
I can not detect any difference in the ride of their van and ours.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I don't have air suspension, but when I phoned Mercedes a couple of years ago to enquire which fitters they would advise (I was thinking about it at the time) they said the only company they 'approved' was Glide Rite who do conversions for Sprinter-based ambulances. You might care to call them for a price as they are not so far away from you.
http://www.glide-rite.com/

Otherwise, AS have a very good reputation.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
AS Air suspension in Warrington - as everyone so far has said - excellent company - lovely people - first class service! As an added bonus - they're FUNSTERS!!:thumb::thumb:

We've had ours on for nearly 4 years now - excellent ride - much improved!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
I am sure that AS are the only installers who can fit systems to AL-KO chassis,

Other funsters will let me know if I am wrong, I'm sure

We had ours done by AS in 2009 and it has proved very good.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back