OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have been experimenting with my air suspension.

When the van was delivered it was set to 40 psi. I noticed that the van we very prone to rolling in the corners. I upped it to 50psi a couple of weeks ago and this did help a bit.

Yesterday I was driving through central Cornwall to the North coast and it was a particularly windy and route. I was still noticing an uncomfortable trend to lean more than I am comfortable with on corners of any speed. So before leaving the beach to come home I grabbed the compressor and upped the pressure to 55 psi (It had dropped to about 47)

I was amazed at how big a difference this made to the handling! :Eeek:

Almost no rolling over in most corners. Where before I was getting lots of movement I was getting almost none, and was able to drive home just that little bit quicker, not worrying about slowing down so much for the tighter corners. Much more comfortable ride!

Highly recommended to anyone considering an upgrade!

OP
OP
OddSocks

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just out of interest..... I dropped the presure back down to 40psi when I got home as a comparison. The rear end, as measured at the bumper, dropped 2cm from 55 to 40 psi. Didn't think it would make such a difference in height!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back