Air suspension is there much difference in the ride , and any one fit then in Scotland

Discussion in 'Top Tips & Tricks' started by Trout bum, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Charlie Farley

Charlie Farley Funster

Ratings:
    +48
    I went the route of goldschmit front springs(travelword telford)and glide rite rear air (Liphook Hampshire) excellent service on both occasions, it’s transformed the ride and I’ve uplated to 4750kg the looser was the dentist

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Hettie's Crew

Hettie's Crew Funster

Ratings:
    +698
    We have Goldschmitt on the front, night and day difference from the standard Fiat springs and never even considered doing anything with the front when we had rear air assist fitted.

3. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Ratings:
    +19,047
    We have Goldschmidt on the front, crashes and bangs over every pot hole. Can't compare with standard springs as Goldschmidt has been standard fit on every Hymer we have had. Previous vans were fine but this one the ride is awful but this is the first van we have had with the heavy chassis. It's fine on good roads handling is great just rough roads and potholes it's a bone shaker.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  4. Hettie's Crew

Hettie's Crew Funster

Ratings:
    +698
    I think you’re heading towards full air all round.

5. Xabia

Xabia Funster

Ratings:
    +1,109
    I went down the route of Goldschmitt front springs some years ago on my 2007 B544SL, definite improvement as I think my original springs were getting tired, front raised about 60mm from memory and more compliant on potholes etc. Last year, having read good reports of VB full air I took the plunge and had it fitted by SAP in Doncaster. Wish I had done it years ago!

Recently returned from our usual drive to Spain and found it much more relaxing to drive, much smoother, no deviation when passing HGV’s, side winds less of an issue and no crashing over potholes. No lowering of the rear when loading wine in Calais.(y)

• Like it Like it x 1
  6. jezport

jezport Funster

Ratings:
    +2,647
    We have full air and the difference is very noticeable.
    I left a number of things out at the side of the sink including a tall pump soap bottle (by mistake). We drove home from Peterborough and they were all still stood there when we got home. We were amazed.

• Like it Like it x 1
  7. Trout bum

Trout bum Funster

Ratings:
    +190
    Sorry folks but your going way off tangent with original request I'm not interested in full air suspension just rear air assist nothing more I was only enquiringly if anyone has had it fitted and what they thought of it that's all

• Like it Like it x 1
  8. Dan and Jan

Dan and Jan Funster

Ratings:
    +1,975
    Like I said earlier, VB comfort fitted on the rear of my Burstner. Twin gauges and a little compressor fitted under the drivers seat to adjust it. Turriff Caravans.

9. Trout bum

Trout bum Funster

Ratings:
    +190
    Cheers Dan & Jan I will have a look at there site sounds exactly same as what I'm looking for

10. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Ratings:
    +19,047
    What a Motorhome Fun thread going off topic no never.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

All part of the fun and games on here.:)
    Probably wouldn't have gone so far off if you had said what chassis you had at the start.

11. Trout bum

Trout bum Funster

Ratings:
    +190
    Fiat camper chassis was mentioned 4-5 messages from original all over the top full suspension ideas were after that

• Like it Like it x 1
  12. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +27,473
    Errrrr ... he did ... :D

• Like it Like it x 1