Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
7EAD3AE4-BF87-4FA9-AF0F-EBA5F191A75C.jpeg

So, down at Doncaster yesterday to get our front air installed to give us full air connected to our E&P levellers. They were pretty busy with a couple of A classes in, a v nice Hymer 534 and a big Carthago, our IH panel van looked quite titchy in comparison!
Took most of the day for the installation and what a difference. Van now level, not nose down, ride much smoother, was surprised at the level of improvement, I guess it’s because we are now sitting practically on an airbag?
Stayed over at knaresborough CC site on a slightly sloppy pitch, van lowered itself first then levellers down, all worked a treat! Favourite trick though is water emptying, van now tilts itself for emptying, what a difference to speed of emptying!
For anyone thinking about full air, I highly recommend it!
Bill

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
View attachment 193243

So, down at Doncaster yesterday to get our front air installed to give us full air connected to our E&P levellers. They were pretty busy with a couple of A classes in, a v nice Hymer 534 and a big Carthago, our IH panel van looked quite titchy in comparison!
Took most of the day for the installation and what a difference. Van now level, not nose down, ride much smoother, was surprised at the level of improvement, I guess it’s because we are now sitting practically on an airbag?
Stayed over at knaresborough CC site on a slightly sloppy pitch, van lowered itself first then levellers down, all worked a treat! Favourite trick though is water emptying, van now tilts itself for emptying, what a difference to speed of emptying!
Bill
Your panel van might have looked "titchy" but its certainly not got a "titchy" spec;)

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
View attachment 193243

Bill

We had Sap put it on our Arto, love the ride improvement but l agree with you the emptying button is a right laugh, doesnt half make the French look when you re stood by it and its tilting over.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We had Sap put it on our Arto, love the ride improvement but l agree with you the emptying button is a right laugh, doesnt half make the French look when you re stood by it and its tilting over.
First time I tilted ours I thought “oh s—t I hope it stops before we end up on our side”

Martin

Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
We've got VB full air on our Laika and love it, was considering adding EP levellers but didn't think it was cost effective so we do the 'French' thing and just put those Fiamma jack's under the rear if we're staying any longer than 3days

OP
OP
BillandHelen

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
Whilst I was there, Mick’s partner Jill, was telling me they had had a huge left hand drive Morello in recently complete with smart car in the garage, to get full air and levellers fitted, does it belong to a funster? Stewart??

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
We will be going to SAP to get the rear air suspension to enable a further weight upgrade on our new MH., maybe The E&P levelers as well. We could take it to a much more local place in West Sussex, but we like the reputation That SAP has, and think its worth the extra mileage to get it done properly.
My question is assuming you have no friends or family in the area, if it takes a whole day to get the Air Sus done, then another to get The E&P levelers done, bearing in mind SAP are on an industrial estate, how do you occupy yourselves during the day?, any where locally worth seeing?, did you simply book a hotel for two days? I would like to roll my sleeves up and give a hand, but they probably wouldn't let me, elf & safety and all that:(

du162

Free Member
Feb 19, 2017
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
A Clss
Exp
Mick put full air and ep hydraulics on my elegance. Being a hydraulic engineer myself and having OCD I can not recommend sap highly enough, his attention to detail is second to none
It total tranfoms the ride quality and takes 90% of all the harshness out of U.K. roads. On good roads you would swear you were gliding along and the jacks just work perfectly
Must add mine was sitting outside when I went to collect it and I asked mick if I could see underneath the van “ no problem” says mick and 5 mins later it was back up in the air and he was delighted to show me his handy work and as mentioned before I could not fault it

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We will be going to SAP to get the rear air suspension to enable a further weight upgrade on our new MH., maybe The E&P levelers as well. We could take it to a much more local place in West Sussex, but we like the reputation That SAP has, and think its worth the extra mileage to get it done properly.
My question is assuming you have no friends or family in the area, if it takes a whole day to get the Air Sus done, then another to get The E&P levelers done, bearing in mind SAP are on an industrial estate, how do you occupy yourselves during the day?, any where locally worth seeing?, did you simply book a hotel for two days? I would like to roll my sleeves up and give a hand, but they probably wouldn't let me, elf & safety and all that:(
Mick can get one of his chaps to drive you into Doncaster- you can find something interesting there or jump on a train to say Leeds, York or similar..

du162

Free Member
Feb 19, 2017
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
A Clss
Exp
He will also let you stay in it overnight and get the second system fitted next day

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Whilst I was there, Mick’s partner Jill, was telling me they had had a huge left hand drive Morello in recently complete with smart car in the garage, to get full air and levellers fitted, does it belong to a funster? Stewart??

Yes, that was me but only for the E&P levelling as the Morelo has VB as standard in the 90G model. Mick did a great job as usual.

Just noticed you too are from Edinburgh. Not sure if you store your van in storage if you do it will probably be at the same place as I do and you cant miss the Morelo at the main gate its in the first storage bay.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back