Air suspension and leveling options (1 Viewer)

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Hi All,

I'm researching air suspension and auto-leveling as an upgrade to my Auto-Sleepers Corinium Duo 2017 on a Boxer-Al-Ko at 4000kg. I understand that none of the systems will be self-fit due to the Al-Ko which is a shame as I'm reasonably handy at motor DIY. My expectation then is that I already need to pay someone to fit :worried:

My questions to the experienced are;
  • Should I go for a leveling system AND a semi-air system at the rear as a good solution to ride comfort and stability, and ability to self-level, or;
  • Should I go for a full-air system that will do both?
  • Does full-air give the range of leveling that the hydraulic ram systems do?
  • What are the cost implications of each?
Assuming I'm no longer in the £500.00 self-fit camp, I'm probably looking at £2k for mid-range rear semi-air at a minimum; hence wondering where the next price break is and for what benefit.

Thanks as ever, for your advice :wink:

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Fitting a levelling system isn’t all about levelling, the main benefit is stability which full air won’t give you.
We went for air assistance on our Alko rear axle and HPC hydraulic system from AS Suspension in Warrington.
The air was around £1750 and the HPC £5000. A lot of money and two or three years ago. Really glad we went ahead with both, much improved axle control and comfort, plus stability and level parking.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back