Jan 10, 2015
East sussex
Funster No
MH
2002 Eura mobile
Exp
Since 2014
Hi
I have a tag axel rohill conversion ducato which has rear self levelling air suspension. It has two compressors which run automatically to pressurise a system up to 10 bar. Gauge is under drivers seat. Overnight the system empties & the whole process starts again on next start up. The vehicle suspension does not drop if not used even after several days.

It all appeared to function as it should(?).

I assume this air “storage” is for massively changing loads in its former life, wheelchair lift etc. The self levelling mechanism is a mechanical sliding rod & valve affair on the first axel.

My question, can I disconnect this system? Our load doesn’t vary much.

I was thinking of fitting a gauge somewhere visible on the “emergency” fill line & just using the compressor manually or better still automatically when needed.
All this has been prompted because one compressor appears to not be working & the gauge shows empty, but the van drives normally.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Hi, I’m not familiar with this type of system but I would be wary of disconnecting it.
If I was to run my air suspension with no air in it would destroy the air bellows.

OP
OP
Baggydave
Jan 10, 2015
East sussex
Funster No
MH
2002 Eura mobile
Exp
Since 2014
Hi. Definitely not thinking of Running without air in the system just without the high pressure reserve if it’s not needed.

Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back