Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
norfolk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
about 8
Can anyone with Air Ride Suspension tell me if it really does make a big difference to the handling of the MH. I have an Autocruise Starspirit with overcab bed.
Thanks
Finby

wayfarer

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Co. Clare. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I fitted the a firestone air suspension to my MH. A fiat Ducato chassis and it made a huge difference in handling. you can also adjust the suspension according to load eg when you load up with vino on the way back from France just add a few more psi and you wouldnt feel the extra load. Also much cheaper than an extra leaf and if you are handy you can fit them yourself. The system is called DriveRite, and can be seen at www.driveriteltd.com The site also gives a list of dealers

Last edited:

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Can anyone with Air Ride Suspension tell me if it really does make a big difference to the handling of the MH. I have an Autocruise Starspirit with overcab bed.
Thanks
Finby

My experince, altho' good, probably wouldn't be much use to you cos I fitted a rear airbag set on my RV due to wanting to carry a motorbike on the back. The diference was fantastic. Raised the back end by about 3" (with the m\bike on) and cornering, either loaded or unloaded was MUCH better.
Of more use to you, may be the fact that I've NEVER read a bad report about Air Ride, everything I've read on various Forums has been positive.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back