Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Took the old girl for a spin today.

Well overjoyed at the stability and increased ride height from using the air units.

Running at 40psi at the moment which seems to give a very reasonable ride.

What pressure do you run yours at?

Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years
Took the old girl for a spin today.

Well overjoyed at the stability and increased ride height from using the air units.

Running at 40psi at the moment which seems to give a very reasonable ride.

What pressure do you run yours at?

Mine are at 60psi which are Firestone Ride Rite, thats what the chappie before me had them at. The majic book suggests " 50lbs of load for each P.S.I. of inflation pressure per pair e.g. 50 p.s.i. will support a load of 2500lbs per pair of springs.FOR BEST RIDE use only enough air pressure in the helper spring to level the vehicle when viewed from the side. TO PREVENT POSSIBLE DAMAGE TO THE AIR SPRING MAINTAIN A MINIMUM OF 10PSI AT ALL TIMES and never go above 100psi"

Brian

dragabed

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Funster No
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/american-rv/21836-air-ride-revisited.html#post264769

tried 40 too hard now on 35 much better(hymer564)

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I'm staying at 40psi I think.

Good balance between road ride and body roll...:thumb:

Really depends on total vehicle weight,body height and personal preference it seems.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

billinjah

Free Member
Apr 20, 2010
Funster No
have my ride rites at 45 psi might try a little more to level her out the handling improved greatly when i went from 25 to 45.

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Settled at 40psi for mine at the moment as it gives a nice balance between ride quality and body roll control.....

I cannot believe the difference it's made...:Cool:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
John Deere chassis with rear ride rites,run at 60 PSI to compensate for extra fuel tank.Rides perfic.:thumb:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
I'd never checked ours :Blush: but did recently and found out exactly why Winne wandered a bit, near side approx 15psi, offside BURST! Some idiot had replaced the offside but not fitted the top and bottom protectors so supprise supprise the top of the spring had put a hole in it:Angry:

Any road, replaced and currently running 55PSI (60 seemed a tad hard when driving)and what a difference, sooooo much nicer to drive. I got keen and got the remote inflation pipes off Duncan at Newark, can't be doing with all that crawling around, and will now be checking regular, book says once a month at least but I guess the logical is to check when doing the tyres:thumb:

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Does fitting air-ride automatically up-rate the max permitted weight?

Graham

I wouldn't have thought so Graham....So many other things to take into account like tyre loading, chassis etc.Someone might just come along and have more info on this.:thumb:

It certainly did the job I fitted it to do.

That was to control body roll and raise the rear end of the RV to a better ride height where the original springs has become a little lazy over the years giving reduced ground clearance.

Certainly compensation for different loadings is possible.

Steve.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back