Air Quality Certificate France (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
You do all realise that the stickers are only valid for use on vehicles that are from EU member states ?

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
Anyone having issues with the file size of their V5 download this program and the small resize comes in at 200kb which is what I uploaded my V5 with. I use the program all the time to resize photos for photobucket and forums, turns a 2-6mb file in large format to 400-600kb.

http://www.bricelam.net/ImageResizer/

TonyMull

Free Member
Aug 8, 2016
Southport
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML-T 580
Exp
Applied last Wednesday and received the cert through the post today (Tuesday). 4200kg mass weight and Euro 6 engine. I was handed a class 2. Well pleased.

I think it proves that even if your vehicle is over 3.5T it is the engine Euro grading which is the real deciding factor on what class LEZ you will receive.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Mine arrived in less than a week for once they beat the Germans:LOL:, my German one hadn't arrived when we left for our trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Applied last Wednesday and received the cert through the post today (Tuesday). 4200kg mass weight and Euro 6 engine. I was handed a class 2. Well pleased.

I think it proves that even if your vehicle is over 3.5T it is the engine Euro grading which is the real deciding factor on what class LEZ you will receive.
It is derived from what info you put on the application. Did you put "truck" or "car"? Having had many emails back and forth with them they clearly do not use your V5 but the info you supply.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009

I'm at 3500kg max on a PVC with a Euro 6 engine and recently received a Class 2 sticker, but I'm in the process of uprating the max weight to 4500kg.
I don't think I'll be complicating matters by reapplying after the uprate.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
I'm at 3500kg max on a PVC with a Euro 6 engine and recently received a Class 2 sticker, but I'm in the process of uprating the max weight to 4500kg.
No. When I queried mine, the reply was simply re apply. (y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Well I've got mine and stuck it in the wrong place (left hand side with the other stickers), probably should have read the instructions. Not planning on getting another one as I have no intention of going into any of the places you need one anyway.
I've done that too. :)

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
No. When I queried mine, the reply was simply re apply. (y)
I don't know the circumstances leading your query, but I'm happy with a Class 2 and if what @TonyMull states about his 4200kg motorhome attracting a Class 2, it would be a pointless exercise anyway.

I'm raising the weights on my van for when I'm carrying my sea kayaks & kit around the UK and need that little bit extra payload, but the kayaks will not be going to France. On those trips, I will be under 3500kg even though the van will be plated higher and I don't imagine the French will be employing loads of extra 'Emissions Gendarmes' to check every foreign vehicle with a sticker has been correctly issued.

Unless you know something I don't, there's no incentive for me to re apply.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
No need to anyway, over 3500 euro6 is Class2.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
I don't know the circumstances leading your query, but I'm happy with a Class 2 and if what @TonyMull states about his 4200kg motorhome attracting a Class 2, it would be a pointless exercise anyway.

I'm raising the weights on my van for when I'm carrying my sea kayaks & kit around the UK and need that little bit extra payload, but the kayaks will not be going to France. On those trips, I will be under 3500kg even though the van will be plated higher and I don't imagine the French will be employing loads of extra 'Emissions Gendarmes' to check every foreign vehicle with a sticker has been correctly issued.

Unless you know something I don't, there's no incentive for me to re apply.
My reply was to your last sentence and simply that - No you will not complicate things by re-applying. They clearly do not save any data about your vehicle as they cannot even read the V5 you send in as I was asked 4 times to re-size mine so they could read it. I eventually sent in a full screen photo of my vehicle classification at 2Gb so they could read it.

But as @Lenny HB states above Euro 6 you are still a 2 anyway.

Last edited:

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
My reply was to your last sentence and simply that - No you will not complicate things by re-applying. They clearly do not save any data about your vehicle as they cannot even read the V5 you send in as I was asked 4 times to re-size mine so they could read it. I eventually sent in a full screen photo of my vehicle classification at 2Gb so they could read it.
Ah, my apologies. I misunderstood your meaning and thought you were saying that I should re apply.

TonyMull

Free Member
Aug 8, 2016
Southport
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML-T 580
Exp
It is derived from what info you put on the application. Did you put "truck" or "car"? Having had many emails back and forth with them they clearly do not use your V5 but the info you supply.

I selected Truck on the form and they did send me a question re my V5 asking why there was no CO2 Emissions figure. This I cleared up quickly by copying the figure on the manufacturers log.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
I selected Truck on the form and they did send me a question re my V5 asking why there was no CO2 Emissions figure. This I cleared up quickly by copying the figure on the manufacturers log.
I didn't read your post clearly first time. :rolleyes:It's the Euro 6 that gets you the cat 2.(y)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I've decided NOT to apply for the French stickers. If I want (and I doubt it very much) to visit the current 3 cities that it applies to, then I'll park outside the zone and get a train/bus/taxi/shanks's pony to get in. Same applies to other countries that adopt these emission zones. Already have an Umwelt and never been anywhere near applicable places.

OP
OP
D

DL42846

Deleted User
Don't know when your going to Paris, but you can check if there are any restrictions for the air certificate on that day by clicking and checking on here: https://www.crit-air.fr/en/informat...h-environmental-zones-zcr/paris-zone-zpa.html

You will need to scroll down and click on Paris or whichever city you are going to visit. I periodically check just out of interest and I haven't seen any restrictions for the last couple of months. From what I can see and this is only my observations. Its around Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb and possibly march that Paris has problems with air quality and restrictions are imposed. AS I MENTIONED, THIS IS ONLY MY OBSERVATION. So please do check.

May 29, 2015
Worthing,West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Fairford PVC
Exp
Since 2002
For only around €4.50 I thought it is easier to get it done and then forget about it rather than wondering if this town or that town is now included etc. Certificate came ok, stuck on and no need to worry about it.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
My French one came today and the German one last week. Hopefully I've covered all the bases now.
Both reasonably easy and cheap to buy over the internet.

DSC02305.JPG

OP
OP
D

DL42846

Deleted User
I've decided NOT to apply for the French stickers. If I want (and I doubt it very much) to visit the current 3 cities that it applies to, then I'll park outside the zone and get a train/bus/taxi/shanks's pony to get in. Same applies to other countries that adopt these emission zones. Already have an Umwelt and never been anywhere near applicable places.

Problem is there are other towns/cities in France that are considering having the same system. I think at the moment its Paris, Lyon and Grenoble. I red somewhere that it will be coming into effect in Montpelier this year also and a couple more are considering it. For the sake of 4.50€ I would go for piece of mind.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Problem is there are other towns/cities in France that are considering having the same system. I think at the moment its Paris, Lyon and Grenoble. I red somewhere that it will be coming into effect in Montpelier this year also and a couple more are considering it. For the sake of 4.50€ I would go for piece of mind.
I do understand that fully and it's very easy to avoid ANY of the bigger cities throughout France as the only one I've ever drove towards is Paris and stayed at the Aire at Le Bourget Airport which may be outside the area but probably not go again anyway

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Wish i knew how to do it on line,,bit of a thicko when it comes to the internet,,BUSBY,,

Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
I wasn’t sure which part of the reg doc. to photograph for the application, maybe it doesn’t make any difference!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back