Air Quaility Stickers (1 Viewer)

Steve Harvey

Free Member
Aug 20, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Hi, bit new to all this so forgive me if I’ve posted in the wrong place. We are intending to take our motorhome aboard, I understand that some places require air quality stickers. Do these “stickers/certificates” have to be applied for every year?? Or do they last forever??
Thanks in advance for your help
Steve

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Can’t say about all of them but I have just ordered the French and German ones and they don’t need renewal...............until they change the rules again. :(
Both stickers took about 10 days to arrive.
Do make sure you use the ‘official’ sites to order otherwise you may get ripped off. French Crit Air was €4.21 and the German version via Berlin.de was €6. Any prices above those are not official.

Richard.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Certainly the French and German stickers are for the life of the vehicle. But once stuck on they destruct if you try to take them off, so if you have a windscreen replaced you need to buy new ones.

I've heard some folk just fix them in using tape, but that is considered illegal and if you're caught by a jobsworth, you face a fine.

France - www.crit-air.fr/en.html

Germany - www.berlin.de/labo/mobilitaet/kfz-zulassung/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Just got ours for France and Germany as well. We don't expect to go into a zone where it is compulsory to have them but better to be prepared :)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Certainly the French and German stickers are for the life of the vehicle. But once stuck on they destruct if you try to take them off, so if you have a windscreen replaced you need to buy new ones.

I've heard some folk just fix them in using tape, but that is considered illegal and if you're caught by a jobsworth, you face a fine.

Just had our chipped windscreen replaced so had to fork out a whole €4.21 for the Frenchy one. :(

Richard.

Jun 18, 2012
Preston
Funster No
MH
Grandad's Camper-CPC
Exp
Since 2012
Just had our chipped windscreen replaced so had to fork out a whole €4.21 for the Frenchy one. :(

Richard.

Richard, that's a great price for a windscreen. Are the French ones poorer quality? :D

Sep 29, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SPB
Exp
2016 Hymer, Adria

!!!
Terry, the site you have linked to does not seem to be the official govt site and in the store it offers, it seems to charge €29, when the offical site charge is €4 ! The officlal site for a french critair is:

https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Don't bother, the french aren't!

Imho the chances of most British motorhomers getting caught by this are slim, unless you want to go into the centres of the few affected cities.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
!!!
Terry, the site you have linked to does not seem to be the official govt site and in the store it offers, it seems to charge €29, when the offical site charge is €4 ! The officlal site for a french critair is:

https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/

:banghead::banghead::banghead: Oops sorry everybody - I can't go back and edit it now either. I hadn't actually saved it, just googled it and did a quick scan. :crying1::crying1::crying1::crying1:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back