Steveonley

Free Member
May 14, 2014
Bromsgrove
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 636L
Exp
Thinking of getting this fitted to our Swift Sundance Motorhome as Carol does not like using ramps. Does anyone know if these are any good, the cost or how much it would add to our ever increasing payload ?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we have air suspension, a fairly basic system, but do not confuse this with self levelling, which may need hydraulic rams, a completely different package

we certainly still need ramps

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
It's late so can't look now but when I asked Kath and Phil of AS Air Suspension at Peterborough the all four corner jobs were thousands as they were at the NEC about six years ago from somebody else. :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
We have this Full Air = www.vbairsuspension.co.uk

On our tag axle... fantastic bit of kit... normal levelling is great, just press the "Auto Level" on the compter thingy, and it just levels it`self ..

But if the ground is very up hilly you will still need blocks. it has it`s limitations.. :(

Front nearly on the ground and lift the rear to it`s exstreem`s is approx 14 - 16 inches.

It does what it says on the label, and is a superb comfortable ride even on rough roads, up to a point..

Not cheap, in fact bloody expensive.. it was fitted when we bought the motorhome.. (y)

Would I have it put on.... I`m not sure.. because of the expense.. but maybe.. :rolleyes:

Not much of the original suspension, with the full air system is left on.. it`s all ripped off/out and replaced with the same as what lorries have... and it has it`s own on board compressor..

Daifuse

Free Member
Feb 20, 2013
Milford Haven
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2011
As far as self-leveling is concerned, who remembers the Jack-All system fitted to cars pre-war? My first car, a '38 Morris 12 had this fitted. It comprised 4 hydraulic legs, on on each corner (attached to the axle beams) and a hand operated pump in the passenger footwell. A 4 way selector enabled you to jack up whichever corner you wanted - or all 4 if needed - so you could change a wheel without having to jack the vehicle up by conventional means. Surely, some enterprising person could come up with a similar idea for motorhomes. It shouldn't be that expensive to manufacture or difficult to fit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back