Air Conditioning - Worthwhile Or Unnecessary? (1 Viewer)

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Air Con rools !!

When away in the heat sitting outside, it's nice to sit in the air conditioned van with a beer recovering before venturing outside again !! I did this in Spain in February this year !!:Cool::Cool::Cool:

EDIT.....Looks like he/she tried to delete the post as I was replying !!!!

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I can't comment on A/C in the living part of a motorhome apart from the obvious that you will need an electric hook up or need to carry a generator and of course they will be noisy, but I once lived in Belize and my "office" had no windows, just a large A/C unit which ran all day. The problem this created was I never really became adjusted to the climate and when you went outside during the day the heat and humidity hit you hard. Other people (this was in an Army camp) had real windows they could open and a big fan mounted on the ceiling to create a bit of a breeze. I always envied them as they could walk out at any of the day without breaking into a sweat.

So in summary, A/C will make life comfortable but it could also make you a prisoner of the motorhome during the warmest parts of the day.

OP
OP
Sidney
Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
ahem

Sorry I messed up a little - poll now in place on new thread :Blush: