Air awnings are great...BUT (1 Viewer)

May 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV40 COMPASS
Exp
Since 2017
I bought a Movelite T2 awning about 18 months ago, roof beam deflated first time used - blamed myself. Used it earlier this year, went down immediately. Inspection showed a manufacturing fault on the "inner" tube; the valve ring was not gripped/glued 100% into the tube, so not possible to patch. The inner tube was also 26cm longer than the outer tube.

I contacted my seller, Glossop caravans and their supplier, Blue diamond. Apparently shortly after my purchase the roof beam was changed from an air tube to a metal rod. They sent me a metal rod FOC.

Unfortunately a metal rod with flat ends approx. 2.5cm x 5mm cannot replace a flat tube end approx. 7.5cm diameter which velcros to another at right angles.
Blue diamond know this, because their current awnings have Y shaped reinforcing yokes sewn into the roof; this holds the rod in, and prevents it from abrading and piercing the roof skin. However they insist it is fine to use it without "fixings or reinforcement", I have asked if they will accept liability when it falls out or rips the roof, but no answer yet.

So beware if you are buying an awning, make sure you inspect it thoroughly, and ensure your supplier will have spares back up of the correct type, especially if it is a MoveliteT2!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back