Funster
Mar 13, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
All sorts
Exp
Question for AIB.......

Do you offer breakdown cover for a 3850 kg van? If not, I won't ask for a quote....... Thanks in advance
David
Dux Deluxe

YES!

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
AIB have just moved offices and their scanner (at least) wasn't working last week. this could be why they would not send out a copy of the policy.

Could not or would not. To purchase an insurance without first seeing the t&c's is stupid and they should not even suggest it.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Could not or would not. To purchase an insurance without first seeing the t&c's is stupid and they should not even suggest it.

It's a crude type of pressure selling - you find out later that what you've bought isn't what you thought you were buying, a decent percentage of people will just accept it because they can't be bothered with the hassle of cancelling it and finding an alternative.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
Question for AIB.......

Do you offer breakdown cover for a 3850 kg van? If not, I won't ask for a quote....... Thanks in advance
David
Dux Deluxe

YES!

All right then, question for AIB ........

Do you, or do you not, provide a copy of your Terms & Conditions when providing a quotation. ......... Thank you.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I cannot see anyone's problem with AIB all I had to do was tell Darren what I wanted to cover and how much cover I wanted IE same cover as I had on my van last yr -FULLY COMP, 5,000 mls-£3000 THIS COVERED VAN ITEMS /STUFF INSIDE VAN/GAS BOTTLES .AWNING ETC -HE then rang me back with his best quote for what I wanted -I took out the ins -he took my money and then sent me the policy -I read and agree sign and send back -what is hard about that ?
terry

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If that was always what happened it wouldn't be so bad but I've read posts on here that say that when the documents arrive the cover isn't what was requested. One example I remember is that the breakdown cover was dramatically reduced.
That isn't really my problem though. My issue is why do the refuse to follow every other insurance company and send a full quote before you part with any money. I can't think of any other reason other than to make it hard to compare like for like. As I've said before I'm happy to be corrected but nobody has an alternative theory and AIB are strangely silent.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Admiral did the same thing (gave a quote for cost but not a full quote) for our car insurance. Whe the documents arrived it was NOT what I had asked for. They then said to provide what I had originally asked for would cost an extra £50. Thanks but no thanks.

What was worse was that the documents did not arrive until the day after the insurance renewal was due.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
If that was always what happened it wouldn't be so bad but I've read posts on here that say that when the documents arrive the cover isn't what was requested. One example I remember is that the breakdown cover was dramatically reduced.
That isn't really my problem though. My issue is why do the refuse to follow every other insurance company and send a full quote before you part with any money. I can't think of any other reason other than to make it hard to compare like for like. As I've said before I'm happy to be corrected but nobody has an alternative theory and AIB are strangely silent.

I would not buy insurance without seeing exactly what is covered and also the full terms and conditions, so I guess that is one customer less, then......

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
Thank you all for your kind comments and apologises if we were not our usual prompt self when we were moving office (although business as usual was a regular term heard within the mayhem!).

Please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us at www.aib-insurance.co.uk

I am still waiting for a reply from Nigel. He told me that he nearly had it sorted on Thursday and would contact me again, knowing that my insurance ran out on my van on Friday. He left me no option but to reinsure my vehicle with comfort . BIG mistake nigel because I have three motorhomes and they all need insuring but seeing as you left me in the lurch I will not even ring you again and a bad taste has been left in my mouth which I will pass on to a lot of motorhomers YOUR LOSS
[/QUOTE]

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp

Do you, or do you not, provide a copy of your Terms & Conditions when providing a quotation. ......... Thank you.

No answer came the stern reply. :(

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Just renewed with Comfort, £200 excess, without breakdown £292 with £350, I did ask for uk only breakdown but it was a no( tracker fitted )

Dave

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
same thing happened to me ! ...... Nigel seems to be letting AIB down (and costing them ) I tried to quote edgy but it doesn't show on my post what am I doing wrong ?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Can't comment on normal quotations required as my renewal wasn't due, but I have nothing but praise for them on a second small mhome which I am in possession of at the moment until decisions are made about my future .... They were the only company who didn't just go off box ticking... they looked at my situation, made a decision and insured me with a very respectable quotation. .. I don't know what I would have done if they hadn't .. the other quotes I received were ridiculous considering my age and the fact that I have never made a claim since I passed my test at age 17 and have no convictions.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
same thing happened to me ! ...... Nigel seems to be letting AIB down (and costing them ) I tried to quote edgy but it doesn't show on my post what am I doing wrong ?
Click on quote at the bottom of edgys post .. it takes a couple of seconds for it to appear in your reply box .. maybe you started clicking other stuff too soon. :)

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
thanks joy, I'll wait a bit longer next time

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
the other quotes I received were ridiculous considering my age and the fact that I have never made a claim since I passed my test at age 17 and have no convictions.
The standard answer to that one is you are long over due for a big claim due to the law of averages, hee hee.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Don't come here then . even after insuring you won't see the docs for about 4 weeks ! :LOL: At renewal , which is automatic unless you specifically cancel 2 months before renewal, the dd payment isn't taken until long after renewal, so leaving you without the payment receipt; which theoretically isn't needed anymore but you'll always find the one who makes his own rules.

because 'edgy' inadvertently posted his reply inside the quote he was quoting ! :LOL:(y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
thanks joy, I'll wait a bit longer next time
Hi Have you seen gus lopez' reply above? He has explained why you didn't see your reply. You must make sure you type your reply AFTER the LAST word QUOTE in brackets. :)

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
thanks joy (and gus lopez) .......I'll get there eventually.....it's my age you know !!!!

AIBinsurance

Funster
Mar 13, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
All sorts
Exp

Yes - we provide a copy of our terms of business to all our clients. It is also on our website.

AIBinsurance

Funster
Mar 13, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
All sorts
Exp

Really sorry, not our style at all, however, we did have one or two IT issues on the week you mentioned. That said, very sorry all the same

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
I'm afraid I wouldn't waste my time asking AIB for a quote as they were the most expensive quote on my Hymer 655 at £649.00 fully comp. with max .NCB, totally clean licence, Safeguard came to the rescue @£455.00. over £200 less for same cover and yet AIB claimed that was with MHF discount I fail to see how they claim to be offering us MHF's a favourable quote,at least not inmy case.

Feb 22, 2015
Grosmont near Whitby, North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
four years
AIB and their service.

Hi, yesterday received my renewal from the Caravan Club and because I had had a minor shunt last year ( a 2mph rub past on the Kirkstone Pass) the quote had gone up to £512. So after looking on here tried AIB and spoke to Nigel who was extremely helpful. Took all the particulars including details of our shunt and came back with a quote of £369 - and better cover with 180 days in Europe, £2k personal equipment and 8000 miles per annum. Extremely competitive on a £53k vehicle.
Well done Nigel, well done AIB.

AIBinsurance

Funster
Mar 13, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
All sorts
Exp
AIB and their service.

Hi, yesterday received my renewal from the Caravan Club and because I had had a minor shunt last year ( a 2mph rub past on the Kirkstone Pass) the quote had gone up to £512. So after looking on here tried AIB and spoke to Nigel who was extremely helpful. Took all the particulars including details of our shunt and came back with a quote of £369 - and better cover with 180 days in Europe, £2k personal equipment and 8000 miles per annum. Extremely competitive on a £53k vehicle.
Well done Nigel, well done AIB.

Many thanks for your business and your kind words. These will be passed on to Nigel.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
@AIBinsurance
Are you able to provide customers with written quotes (by email), which includes a summary of cover?
Always nice to read exactly what included, or not included, before paying up
Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back