Aib insurance and KGM underwriters (1 Viewer)

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
I’ve just been quoted a good price from Thai insurance broker with KGM as the underwriters - before I say yes any experiences good or bad I should be aware of ?

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
I have always found them very good. Not claimed so can’t comment on that aspect.

There you go, two opinions.

Edit - we park on a permanent site behind a barrier and fences. One or two companies would only register it as 'on road' or jacked up the premium, or worse still refused to quote.

AIB contacted the insurers who were not that worried but the matter is on file just in case. They do go the extra mile in my view.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
My Motorhome Insurance has never been straightforward over the years, its either big American RVs. the towing of 3.5t trailers often with business use cover required. Because AIB are a proper broker with a relationship with lots of underwriters they always seem to be able to help me out where others can't so have had my business for a few years now. Never had a claim with them, but used their breakdown service a couple of times, brilliant.

They always help us produce the free Travel Journal/Yearbook. too which is bonus :D

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
We’ve renewed with AiB for a second year (only had the van since last September). Premium went up by £30, but ours isn’t straight forward either.

We have to declare our van is parked on a road, but it’s not, but we don’t own the right of way where it’s parked……but no one else can use it as it access to our drive/house. They took the time to look at it on Google Earth, tried to say to the underwriter it wasn’t parked on the road, but to no avail. At least they made the effort, some Insurers said they don’t insure vans parked on the road……so we’ve remained with AiB. However, will always Hunt around for better deals.

The true test of any insurance company though is when things go wrong. (y)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Been with AIB 3 years no problems and a good price, they were the only ones who insured our van fully comprehensive on the VIN number from Hamburg all the way home.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jewellbags
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Actually prompted by the first responders comments I phoned Comfort - saved a third on the premium and the policy was slightly better IMO. Thanks for comments though guys

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back