AIB Insurance 15% Funster Discount (2 Viewers)

Aug 3, 2021
Caterham-on-the-Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Pegaso - 740
I would if it was our A Class MH being ensured, as a genuine replacement windscreen is around £4.5K to £5K. :cry:

Is yours an A Class?

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Yes, a Roller Team Pegaso 740. It seems impossible to find anything that shows the cost of a replacement screen online barring on this forum where price indications seem to range from £2,500 to £5,000 +.

Thanks for the reply Jock. I'll go back to them and see if any other options are available.

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Been chasing insurance for PVC I'm looking at purchasing..some of the quotes are absolutely horrendous..so I'll give them a whirl..thanks

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Even with the discount they are still more expensive than others offering the same LV insurance but the breakdown cover was better
Pressure selling and scare strategies used this is a one day only offer.
We will see when I call them back later to renewal date not had chance this week as intended

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Even with the discount they are still more expensive than others offering the same LV insurance but the breakdown cover was better
We will see when I call them back later to renewal date not had chance this week as intended
Update went with AIB or the breakdown cover as the price was the same as everyone quoting LV then got request for ncb , not got it OK your renewal request sent that
Now not good enough
Today another email can i contact LV surely as a broker and the vehicle was already insured with LV this is reflected in the quote
Now at this moment I have a oung lady on the phone saying that not producing will not effect the policy
As it is now past the 14 days I now waiting to find out how much to cancel it
They will refund me in the region of £250
Now Adam has told me it's not needed and will not effect the policy but will next year

Buyer be ware the funster discount dose not make it any cheaper than other brokers

BUYER BEWARE

If I did not want to use the van all dealings with them would cease

And yes I'm furious

Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
im a newbie
just had quote from aib £379 aviva ,,comfort,,aviva £345 looks like staying with comfort ..even though the charge £25 to change address on policy

Justin Dean

Free Member
Jan 11, 2024
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640
I work in insurance and let me tell you not all insurance is the same, just because it is cheaper does not mean it is the same cover as the more expensive quote, could be much worse and cheaper, it happens all the time and only gets found out when trying to claim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I work in insurance and let me tell you not all insurance is the same, just because it is cheaper does not mean it is the same cover as the more expensive quote, could be much worse and cheaper, it happens all the time and only gets found out when trying to claim
That’s interesting but how do we know which policy to choose? 🤔

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
That's the same with everything including all the stuff in supermarkets. But it's equally true that if you pay more it won't necessarily be any better.
How do you see the industry I generally see it as paying someone to take a gamble that you won't claim during the year and that if you can afford to take the risk yourself overall you're going to save money unless you're unlucky

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
I'm more than a bit late to this thread so hope not repeating something but it might be worth mentioning - my son works in insurance and advised me to never leave getting insurance until almost due because 'they' know you're about to start getting desperate / short of time to shop around etc so won't give you their 'best price'.
As in 'not the price that's best for you'.

I just renewed with Comfort, price increase over last year less than inflation 😍
(Joined them originally as the only people I could find who'd recognise & transfer NCB entitlement from my car.)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back