Aguilas to Vera playa wild spots? (1 Viewer)

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
beginner, I don't like the newbie term
In January this area was being cleared by police and signs put up stating no motorhomes etc. Heading down that way soon and would appreciate any recent info on the area, is it possible to wild on playa la Carolina etc?
Thanks.

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We stayed there for a couple of days a few weeks ago with a dozen or so other vans. No probs whatsoever. Old bill turned up then drove off as quick as they turned up. Happy travels !!.

OP
OP
jimiol

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
We stayed there for a couple of days a few weeks ago with a dozen or so other vans. No probs whatsoever. Old bill turned up then drove off as quick as they turned up. Happy travels !!.
Many thanks ill give it a go.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Can I point out that Aguilas is right at the bottom of the Mercia Region of Spain.
The recent problems re wilding have been initiated by the Guardia working out of Aquilas and therefore Mercia.
Any further south beyond Carolina in in Andalusia and it may? be found that Funsters will have less problems coming to a night halt in that Region.

OP
OP
jimiol

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
Can I point out that Aguilas is right at the bottom of the Mercia Region of Spain.
The recent problems re wilding have been initiated by the Guardia working out of Aquilas and therefore Mercia.
Any further south beyond Carolina in in Andalusia and it may? be found that Funsters will have less problems coming to a night halt in that Region.
Thanks it was the local aguilas police that very politely asked us to move in January from playa la carolina, so the further south less likely get bothered?

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Thanks it was the local aguilas police that very politely asked us to move in January from playa la carolina, so the further south less likely get bothered?

If you put Aguilas into Google Maps you can clearly see the division between the two Regions and, depending which theodolite they used, it runs right through the middle of the two beaches.
Any further south and the 'Local Constabulary' won't be around.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
I think u can still wild there,but 48,hrs only,going that way soon will check it out,

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We were here in March of this year. Camper vans on the top park and bottom park. Apparently top park was cleared but bottom park left alone as this was a few meters outside Mercia. Campers were definitely camping on both sites. Those that know the difference between parking and camping and comply should be OK.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
wild camping is illegal in spain . just park.
even 20 yrs ago there was this murcia andalucia hassle there . if at carolinas you used to go to cosedores below . next day andalucia police moved you so you went back up to the top.
that was before the chiringuiti was built down below .
mind we used to park in the garden area of the tumbled down building and be left alone .

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
View media item 21434View media item 21434Nothing to do with 'parking' or ¡camping' anymore as banned by use of local bye law. I was at calarbardina end , Cabo cope , on sunday & not a soul parked anywhere . Usually on the right before first beach & boat launching is packed but never saw one van. & that end it is ok if not 'camping'

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
A sign you may want to put in the window of your camper when 'Parking'
Parking Law sign.jpg

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER