Aggrieved on a cl (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
We had a change of travel plans are now back in the north west leaving the beautiful welsh coast.
I rang a cl yesterday and got 3 nights booked £15 a night including electric hook up , very happy.
On arrival we have been asked for £16 a night it was a little rude as the statement was it’s cheap, clearly you can afford it, it was definitely £15 but hey ho.
We have to be here otherwise I would have told them to stick it.
Currently sat with every light on and the heating on full whack with every window open, I think I will get my extra £3 worth at least.
In our defence we are drying 3 loads of laundry.
Am I been petty or am I justified.
I would ask you to leave immediately and refund you less £48 for electric

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
I'm possibly on my way to Coventry but why whinge on here and not the the CL or better still tell them to a
shove it and go and find somewhere else I'd stop in a lay by sooner than put up with crap customer service

OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
I'm possibly on my way to Coventry but why whinge on here and not the the CL or better still tell them to a
shove it and go and find somewhere else I'd stop in a lay by sooner than put up with crap customer service
To be honest I’m quite happy and not whinging just pointing out that sometimes we just have to accept what live throws at us but we can get our own back in our own way. The cl is in the perfect location for the next few days with our current plans or I would have indeed told them to stuff it.

Jan 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1988
Principal- pure and simple. Not about the extra few quid.
Funnily enough we pulled onto a CL advertised at £18 a few nights ago. Once sited I went to pay and was greeted with a request for either £20 cash or £21 card !!
Maybe it’s a growing trend !

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Funnily enough we pulled onto a CL advertised at £18 a few nights ago. Once sited I went to pay and was greeted with a request for either £20 cash or £21 card !!
Had you booked.
Had you agreed a price?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Go and buy a domestic kettle and keep it boiling all day 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
too right and then when you have done that take it back tell them the colour is wrong and get a refund - cheap trick or what :eek:

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
We had a change of travel plans are now back in the north west leaving the beautiful welsh coast.
I rang a cl yesterday and got 3 nights booked £15 a night including electric hook up , very happy.
On arrival we have been asked for £16 a night it was a little rude as the statement was it’s cheap, clearly you can afford it, it was definitely £15 but hey ho.
We have to be here otherwise I would have told them to stick it.
Currently sat with every light on and the heating on full whack with every window open, I think I will get my extra £3 worth at least.
In our defence we are drying 3 loads of laundry.
Am I been petty or am I justified.
No awning, nothing except a bin and a manhole cover for black waste

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
me thinks too many of us have stayed home this weekend I think I better get out first thing in the morning but a further thought buy 6 kettle's :unsure:

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
I was at a CL near Northampton for two nights with no EHU, as agreed, with a £1 reduction per night from the normal charge. The lights surely run off 12v, do they not, so how much extra mains juice do you use with all lights on and how much heat do you get via mains unless you have a 3kW fan heater but I would have cooked in that heat, never mind the clothing drying!

15isto2

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 27, 2018
Funster No
Hope you reported them to the appropriate club for imposing a surcharge for card payments

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Hope you reported them to the appropriate club for imposing a surcharge for card payments
which club the HMRC ..........................:giggler:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back