Aftermarket rim specs (Ducato) and do they work for you? (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2021
Kotka, Finland
Funster No
MH
Hymer Van
This must have been discussed over there years, but seems impossible for me to find what I'm looking for so I'll write my stuff here. Will appreciate pointers to previous threads as well as any replies.

The Ducato default 16" rim specs are width 6" and et 68, and for me it's gonna be a Maxi chassis '22 but afaik the specs are the same for all (?) 2006 onwards. In here we need winter tires too so the normal way is to have two sets of tires+rims and so I'm gonna need a set of rims and lately I've been trying to make up my mind about the rims. There are a few rims with 6.5" width and ET around 62 and they differ so little from the original that they don't need to be talked about.

But. As it happens, most of the models that suit my eye are maybe a bit questionable even though they are sold as fit. For example my current #1 favourite (Arcasting Mammut Silver Chrome) is 7" wide and ET is 55 and according to rim calculator "The tire will stick out 13 mm farther. Rim will stick out 26 mm farther.". I know rims with specs way out of the original have been used, and as ours is gonna be a Maxi it has a bit (a few millimeters I believe, but still) wider arches so I'm not worried about the thread coming out of the wheel well.

But the question now is, has anyone had problems with these? I'm not that interested in wheel bearings and stuff like that, but what worries me is will I be risking the tire hitting the wheel arches in a 'suspension event' when wheels are turned? Or any other similar event possible? The tire size will be the standard 225/75/16.

Now that I've been looking for the rims for a while, I find it slightly surprising that there are not so many to choose from if one is looking for something that is close to the OE specs.

...about 200 days to go..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back