Free Member
Oct 29, 2013
cheltenham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
im a newbie
just recived a recall notice from Burstner saying do not drive long distance go to nearest dealer and they will sort out the issue with fuel pipe, so quick call to Cotswold motorhome and basically told not my customer so sling your hook, this can't be right on an item costing the same as a Bentley I wonder what there customer care would be

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Not very helpful! If it's a engine fuel pipe I wonder if you would be better off with the base vehicle manufacturer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
as its a fuel pipe and under i assume fiat warranty, your local fiat commercial garage will be your first point of call

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
yep you need your local Fiat Professional dealer not Motorhome convertor..

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
If the letter said take to nearest Burstner dealer you really should let Burstner know about the reaction by one of their dealers

But as others say above it would sound like you need a garage not a motorhome outlet, that should have been made clearer in the notice maybe

Good luck

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i guess you may now realise you have 2 warranties;
1. withe THE DEALER you bought the van from for habitation / conversion related items

2. The Chassis manufacturer for the automotive side of things any in their dealer network.

it was an eye opener to me when we bought our very first new motorhome, especially after the Selling dealer went under 6 weeks after we took delivery.

OP
OP
domburg

domburg

Free Member
Oct 29, 2013
cheltenham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
im a newbie
It is burstner issue its to do with filler pipe becoming loose I am going to be emailing burstner tomorrow not holding my breath for positive outcome

Jan 21, 2013
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 630EW
Exp
I"m a newbie
HI Imperial commercials Mercia Road Gloucester.Fiat dealers.01452508700 just in case you did not know of their excistance,, Hope you get sorted

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
It is burstner issue its to do with filler pipe becoming loose I am going to be emailing burstner tomorrow not holding my breath for positive outcome

it may have come from Burstner but if its a fuel pipe it will be FIAT / Peugeot etc that will be the fix, the fuel filler is part of the chassis i would guess.

if its a FIAT go to the FIAT proffesional web site and put in your chassis number it will tell you right away if you have a chassis recall issue.

OP
OP
domburg

domburg

Free Member
Oct 29, 2013
cheltenham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
im a newbie
burstner has said that it is there fault

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
just recived a recall notice from Burstner saying do not drive long distance go to nearest dealer and they will sort out the issue with fuel pipe, so quick call to Cotswold motorhome and basically told not my customer so sling your hook, this can't be right on an item costing the same as a Bentley I wonder what there customer care would be
If this is an issue with the fuel pipe for the base vehicle then go to whoever deals with your base vehicle, ie fiat, Ford, Peugeot etc.

If, however, it is to do with a fuel pipe for a habitation heater such as Webasto, Eberspacher etc, then that would need to be a Burstner dealer with workshop facilities. If there isn't one in your vicinity or it is 'general' type of problem that any dealer or workshop who deals with motorhomes/caravans/campers could deal with it and you could see if you can get permission from Burstner for them to sort it instead.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Unfortunately it seems to be a trait of M/H manufactures that has surprised me given the capital cost of a new van, as said in some cases you pay as much for a Bentley/RR and pretty sure there customer service will be much more helpful on a recall whoever is responsible
I would expect Burnster to have a very close working relationship with there Base Vehicle supplier, and if a recall was neccessary then I would expect them to give you suitable arrangements to have the fault rectified

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Whoever is doing the recall should send you details of where to take it for repair/replacement.

My Honda Jazz was recalled a couple of months ago and the letter stated that the company ( Honda) was required by law to inform me and gave me 2 local Honda garages to choose from.

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
like I said on a in my thread before you buy a m/h lots of money then have a problem and shit cannot sort it out my 2013 rollerteam 746 had a recall it was a year until it was sorted out then they found damp in the garage doors still have not replaced them as I said if all of us paid a small amount into a fund and had a solicitor to act for us as the m/h funsters club and dealers who shit on us would crap themselves taking us on give me your feed back on this

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Burstner advised the recall therefore its upto their dealers to rectify the fault which it seems may be urgent as they advise you to go asap.
I strongly suggest that you report their dealer to them

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Burstner advised the recall therefore its upto their dealers to rectify the fault which it seems may be urgent as they advise you to go asap.
I strongly suggest that you report their dealer to them

while i agree that this is a necessary action,,, the fact is whatever the fault on the habitation side the warranty is with the supplying dealer, unless Burstner specifically instruct and pay the non supply dealer. an unfortunate state of affairs with all motorhomes.

nelly

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
Can you not just go to the dealer who supplied the van or is it to far away
Nelly

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If this is an issue with the fuel pipe for the base vehicle then go to whoever deals with your base vehicle, ie fiat, Ford, Peugeot etc.

It's an A Class and he said it was to do with the fuel filler which would have been fitted by Burstner.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Don't forget that some motorhome manufacturers do not pay warranty for labour to their dealers, only exchange faulty parts.

The poor warranty situation with some motorhome manufacturers lays squarely at the feet of the motorhome manufacturers.

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Don't forget that some motorhome manufacturers do not pay warranty for labour to their dealers, only exchange faulty parts.

The poor warranty situation with some motorhome manufacturers lays squarely at the feet of the motorhome manufacturers.

Agreed BUT the buyers contract isn't with Burstner its with the dealer or if on finance the finance company (provided its not a personal loan) and its upto the seller to seek reimbursement from Burstner no matter how difficult. In the meantime and while they argue with Burstner the dealer should pay for the damage

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Forgot to mention but the contract between a manufacturer and dealer does NOT concern a consumer/buyer as he's not a party to it

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Agreed BUT the buyers contract isn't with Burstner its with the dealer or if on finance the finance company (provided its not a personal loan) and its upto the seller to seek reimbursement from Burstner no matter how difficult. In the meantime and while they argue with Burstner the dealer should pay for the damage

But the OP is complianing that a third party, not the seller has declined to carry out the work.

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Yes forgot that fact doh!
However as an appointed dealer Burstner should insist their agent carry's out the work. That is after Burstner have been threatened with mayhem should they refuse .

A few years ago VW tried this nonsense with their products. Their offices both here and in Germany were raided and they ended up getting fined a huge amount of money

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
The reason VW got done is that they would refuse to warranty their vehicles in the UK if it was bought in another country such as Germany

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I do understand, but you've got dozens of independent business's selling Bursteners. If a dealer refuses to assist with a problem on a van they didn't supply there is no legal come back what so ever on either Burstener or the dealer. 100% of the liability lies with the supplying dealer, even the chassis warranty, although they dont make that bit too public.

The fact that the "non supplying" dealer isn't interested in assisting could suggest, that the arrangements for re-imbursement may not be to the dealers liking?

Many years ago we sold Benimar Motorhomes, if your water pump packed up, we would test it, replace it, re-test it and send the owner on their way. We then had to return the faulty parts used to Benimar which they would replace or credit. The labour for the job we were expected to contribute as part and parcel of being a Benimar dealer.

With those type of constraints we simply couldn't undertake warranty work for Benimars we didn't supply. The exception to this was if the owner paid for the service and then claimed the costs back from his/her dealer.

None of that would have been an issue if Benimar paid the dealers for their warranty work.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
The dealers are not owned by Burstener so it is not the same.(y)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back