After Koblenz? (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We are going through the tunnel tomorrow and are travelling up the Mosel from Trier. Last time we only managed to get about 3/4 way up. This time heading for Koblenz. Any ideas for where to go after Koblenz before returning. We have 2.5 weeks before returning. We are taking our bikes and we are not able to walk too far. Any thoughts would be gratefully received thank you.

OP
OP
The Cruisers
Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks.
I’m confused, easily done!
When I say we are going up the Mosel I’m thinking up from Trier to Loblenz. Is that down then?
We are going from Trier stopping along the Mosel and when we reach Koblenz we thought we would go off somewhere but not back down the Mosel. Bareing in mind we only have 2.5 weeks. I know it will depend on how long we spend at each Aire/site. Any ideas please?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Thanks.
When I say we are going up the Mosel I’m thinking up from Trier to Loblenz. Is that down then?
We are going from Trier stopping along the Mosel and when we reach Koblenz we thought we would go off somewhere but not back down the Mosel. Bareing in mind we only have 2.5 weeks. I know it will depend on how long we spend at each Aire/site. Any ideas please?
sorry dont know where some of these places are, are you going all the way down through france and then going north through germany , if so you have missed a lot of the good bits by the time you hit koblenz

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Cricketers

Free Member
Oct 9, 2013
Nr Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Thanks.
I Think they mean ' after reaching Koblenz, them go South down the Rhine'

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We are going through the tunnel tomorrow and are travelling up the Mosel from Trier. Last time we only managed to get about 3/4 way up. This time heading for Koblenz. Any ideas for where to go after Koblenz before returning. We have 2.5 weeks before returning. We are taking our bikes and we are not able to walk too far. Any thoughts would be gratefully received thank you.
I'm planning a similar trip for September. Trier to Koblenz (downstream :)) then turn south and follow the Rhine upstream to somewhere around Strasbourg area. We might go a bit further south and dip in to the Black Forest.
What I have discovered after doing a bit of reading is there is some very interest country to see on the way there - notably the Ardennes area of France and Belgium and the "Little Switzerland" area of Luxembourg. The DK Eyewitness guide to Belgium and Luxembourg is worth looking at as is their book on Germany of course. :)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The ultimate sight on the Rhein I would say are the Rhein Falls. Too far south ? Fantastic area too, on the Swiss/Austria borders.
I've seen the falls at Basel, many years ago but they were impressive. Is that where you mean?

Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
3 yrs, (tenting and tugging before)
I'm planning a similar trip for September. Trier to Koblenz (downstream :)) then turn south and follow the Rhine upstream to somewhere around Strasbourg area. We might go a bit further south and dip in to the Black Forest.
What I have discovered after doing a bit of reading is there is some very interest country to see on the way there - notably the Ardennes area of France and Belgium and the "Little Switzerland" area of Luxembourg. The DK Eyewitness guide to Belgium and Luxembourg is worth looking at as is their book on Germany of course. :)

If you're heading through the Ardennes Bouillon is a lovely town in a loop of the River Semois. It has a mediaeval castle and a free Aire next to the tennis courts.

Aug 23, 2011
Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Lyseo 727g
Exp
since 2011
There is a nice little trip starting from the stellplatz at Bingen, cycle/walk to the Ferry dock at Bingen, Ferry down to Assmanhausen (with lovely views of the mouse tower), chair lift up the hill and a walk through the forest to the Niederwalddenkmal (about 1.9km walk), cable car back down to Rüdesheim am Rhein (pretty village - and the Asbach factory tour) then a ferry back to Bingen. 1 Rundfahrt ticket for 15yoyos each covers the lot.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back