Exp
started Oct. 2016

Ray's Scout

Free Member
Jan 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Scout
Well I finally clicked the buy it now button and got myself back onto 2 wheels after selling my car and motorcycles in 2007 to pursue my dream of owning a motorhome and traveling. Still got a helmet, jacket and boots but sold off the rest over the years. What's your opinion on my purchase?
:dance2:View attachment 477383View attachment 477384View attachment 477385
Forgot to update you guys, had great fun stripping down and rebuilding....
Looks great I can see you going on the NC500 with that, one pannier with tent in the other somr food and the back for sleeping bags . hahahaha

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Boringfrog... If you want some ideas on where to go search "Itchy Boots" on youtube!!!
Have fun 👍

PS especially Sani Pass video
Itchy boots is well worth following on YouTube, start with series one episode one and enjoy. The girl is fearless !

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Nice, I see you fitted the Acerbis Dakar big tank. I had the TTR 600, took that down to the Pyrenese Trail bike riding. It's a very capable bike.
Just don't lope along in top gear with hardly any revs on, that top gear is a real skinny one and will wear quickly.
Keep and ear out for the notorious death knock/ rattle on the electric starter, excellent bike otherwise.
Mike

Dec 24, 2020
North Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Free S 600
Exp
Extensively by motorcycle, now trying it with a little more luxury!
Looks great. Regularly think of replacing my Yamaha Fazer with one of those but not done it YET.
Don't do it ;), you need both types of bike! I ride a BMW GS1250 for longer road trips and a bit of gentle trail riding and a KTM 500 exc-f Six Days for the more serious adventures.

OP
OP
Boringfrog
Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Tyres looking good, my last helmet was a Axo, great helmet, comfortable all day.
A quality lid, pity the foam on my goggles disintegrated. 14 years in the loft did them no good. :LOL:

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
A quality lid, pity the foam on my goggles disintegrated. 14 years in the loft did them no good. :LOL:
Liked using the Quick Straps , still on my crash helmet, waiting for the day I use them again.

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
You need one of these next😂😂
Took it to an airfield open enduro day, thing was trying to rip my arms off and spit me out at the same time😂😂

Oh yes and break my leg with every kick🤬
View attachment 563506
Now there's a beast. I had a couple of the YZ490 for MX. They had a nasty habit of starting with the engine running in reverse!!, It just sounded like they were still bogging on choke, releasing the clutch lever proved, interesting as the bike departed rapidly backwards from underneath you!!
The late great Hakan Carlkavist [ spelling ?] had a mighty version of the 490, with more titanium than you could point a stick at, upside down forks and a powervalve!! That thing was an absolute rocket ship, and watching him and Dave Thorpe go at it at the wettest Ken Hall trophy meeting in Hampshire is an abiding memory, they lapped everybody in the race, and still finished the length of a blanket apart, but in Thorpy's favour. MX at it's absolute finest.
Mike.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Now there's a beast. I had a couple of the YZ490 for MX. They had a nasty habit of starting with the engine running in reverse!!, It just sounded like they were still bogging on choke, releasing the clutch lever proved, interesting as the bike departed rapidly backwards from underneath you!!
The late great Hakan Carlkavist [ spelling ?] had a mighty version of the 490, with more titanium than you could point a stick at, upside down forks and a powervalve!! That thing was an absolute rocket ship, and watching him and Dave Thorpe go at it at the wettest Ken Hall trophy meeting in Hampshire is an abiding memory, they lapped everybody in the race, and still finished the length of a blanket apart, but in Thorpy's favour. MX at it's absolute finest.
Mike.
Also had a 490MX years ago and that was worse than this, it had been tuned up and was an animal, twice when it kicked back it cracked the casing and I had to replace them.
I use to have to be 2 up with a tow start to get it going when the kickstart was broke😂😂

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back