Advise on Wiring Route for Rear/Reversing Camera (1 Viewer)

Sep 9, 2013
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo EK
Exp
Since 2012
Hi I have a 2008 Autotrail Cheyenne van and was wondering if anyone else has upgraded their reversing camera.
If so please could I have any advise on the best route for the wiring. Inside through the cupboards, or underneath the van (but I can't see how to get the wire there without seeing it running down the kitchen wall and how easy is it to take the cooker out?)
I have a screen that clips onto the rear view mirror and would also like to know the best point to pick up the power.
When this job is done I am planing to take the the old reversing/TV screen down so could I pick up the power from there?

thanks in advance for any advise

Ian m and of coarse Monty the Motor home who really doesn't want to end up looking like a Swiss cheese!!

Attachments

• New Cameras.JPG
    New Cameras.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Reversing screen & TV.JPG
    Reversing screen & TV.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 69
  • Kitchen area at rear of van.JPG
    Kitchen area at rear of van.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 66
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Cant advise on your particular MH, but when we did our Lunar a few years ago, I resorted to using one of those springy sink unblockers to get under/behind any cupboards or appliances and then draw the cable through.

On our Burstner all the overhead cupboards have false backs to access any wiring.

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
3 years of weekending with the odd month here and there.
I had an auto-electrician add a wireless transmitter to the existing wiring and pick up the signal on my fixed 7inch SatNav screen.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Can i ask why you need to route new cables... your picture shows you are running a twin camera already ...pick the existing cable up in the cab and use it to connect your new monitor...
At the back there may well be a connector on the camera , and if you are lucky it will connect straight to the fly lead of the new camera....if it doesnt its just a matter of checking the supply with a meter... the only thing you cant afford to get wrong is connecti g the + supply to the new camera incorrectly...
Andy.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
As above. Use the existing, you'll probably find they have the same connections within a meter of the camera's.

OP
OP
Rocking Rivet
Sep 9, 2013
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo EK
Exp
Since 2012
These are the new cameras that I have already fitted to the outside of the van the old camera was a singleton fixed looking down which only came on when in reverse

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
These are the new cameras that I have already fitted to the outside of the van the old camera was a singleton fixed looking down which only came on when in reverse
Well it depends on how much trouble routing a new wire will be...
Most twin camera systems now use a single wire front to back which is split at each end into twin connectors.. im pretty sure its possible to buy short wires with those connectors on which could be fitted to the ends of any existing cable by cutting the existing connectors off and re attaching the split connectors
The cameras are switched from the monitor and it will have a trigger wire to take the reverse signal...
Ive always routed new cables under the van rather than try to route them through the interior if thats what you decide to do..
Andy..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back