Advise On What Automatic Sat Dish To Buy (1 Viewer)

A

ab1451

Deleted User
Hi all, I am a newbie and due to take delivery of an Autorail Apache SE700 (2007) and thinking of buying an automatic (self seeking) satellite system. I am looking at a 85cm dish and its between the Oyster system and a Teleco Magic Sat. I would appreciate any advise from anyone that may have either system.

Thank you ::bigsmile:

Frankia

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We have the Oyster and as long as you make sure, when it is being fitted, that it has the latest software it is a good piece of kit.

It all depends on what you want from the dish. - If all you want to do is press a button and go for Astra 2 (Sky) every time almost any dish of 85cm will do the job for a great deal of Europe.

I chose the Oyster because I like to aquire other sats e.g. Arabsat when we are in Spain / Portugal. The Oyster allows a manual search for sats which are not in its list whereas some other makes dont.

The more expensive Oyster has an automatic skew on the LNB. This is needed when you are on or close to the edge of the footprint to compensate for the fact that you are looking up at the sat from a different angle. Although this is an added luxury it is possible to alter the skew on some others manually if you don't mind getting up on the roof to turn the LNB. n.b. some dishes have fixed LNBs which are in a casing which makes them difficult or impossible to adjust - If you plan to travel south or a long way East leave those on the shelf.

If you only intend to travel in the UK or Northern Europe (as far as S of France or no further East than say Berlin) a 65 dish would also do the job.

Happy sky viewing

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Can I ask why you have discounted the LCS Autosat?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

ab1451

Deleted User
Which Sat System

Thank you for your advice. I have only listed systems that I have found information on and that they are installed by local firms. I think at this stage I would be open to any system as I am somewhat undecided.

Thank you once again.

Alan

H

hannah29

Deleted User
we have the teleco magicsat and have had it fitted on our current van and the one we had previously by BSS in cambridge. we have never had any trouble with it and find it very easy to use and picks up signals really quickly. can't fault it
hannah

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back