Advise needed regarding a leak (1 Viewer)

michpiggy

Free Member
Aug 8, 2015
West lancashire
Funster No
MH
Elddis advante 285
Exp
2 and 1/2 years of owning a motorhome.... 12 years owning a touring caravan
Hi all

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Got our fab new to us motorhome Friday and straight away fell in love with her. (Amber)

Saturday morning after breakfast and showers I noticed water pouring out of the front side locker.
Ran for help, the help ran back with me.
It was assumed the leak was due to waste water over flowing.
So it was drained and they said It has been known to happened every now and that we should monitor it as may be the guage isn't working to tell us when full and to be careful and make sure we empty regularly.

Lesson learnt there keep waste empty as much as possible.

This morning after hubby had shower the same thing happened again.

The dealer said they will come next week collect it and take it in to fix it, making sure it is 100% for us for Lincoln.

I am worried as obviously this must have happened before, on close inspection you can see a faint line in the locker.

As it is a hobby so it has 2 floors and you cannot see what is leaking and where from all we know is we have a leak and where it come out.

Will this leak have caused permanent damaged the floor do you guys think?
Or will it dry out ok.

Thanks so much in advance for your help.

I am so worried we have bought a lemon just wanting to cry.

Michelle x

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
If you bought from a dealer and it is under warranty they should fix it all including damage (if any). Check well with damp meter when you get it back.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
It sounds to me like there is a leak in the shower waste and if there is a water line in the locker, it's been like that for a while. If I were you, I would mention to the dealer that you are concerned that there may damage due to a long standing leak and see if you can go along and have a look while they have it all apart.
If they are a decent dealer, they will be able to replace any damaged parts and the van will be as good as new.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
michpiggy

michpiggy

Free Member
Aug 8, 2015
West lancashire
Funster No
MH
Elddis advante 285
Exp
They said they will fix it straight away
They have given us a 3 year unlimited warentee.
We showed the dealer our concerns with the locker
We have driven it home as we had no other way to get back as it is 120 miles away, so we can't look at the damage.

They said they are so sorry and that everything will be done to fix the problem

I was just worried that the motorhome wa ruined and we would be stuck with it

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I think you will be ok, especially as they are giving you a 3 year warranty. It's not in their interests to do anything other than a proper job when they get your van, so start researching your first trip away

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Where is your dealer? Just wondering if anyone could help you with transport whist the van is being sorted.

I am sure it will be sorted out correctly and be great. I do suggest that you get a damp check once it has had time to dry our properly though so that the dealer can address any remaining issue - not that I think there will be one.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
our first MH had a burst pipe under the sink due to frozen water expansion, we had a cascade down the floor and out of the drain in the front door well, like you I feared the worst, but we fixed the leak, put the heating over night and day for a week, at end of week damp test showed less than 10% readings :)

these European vans are built of strong stuff, hopefully yours will be sorted quickly and with no long term effects (y)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
If it has a double floor will there be damage you can't see or measure? We found our perfect van but discovered water damage in the garage that possibly came from a leak in the waste tank between floors. It would have meant a lot of dismantling to diagnose. Hopefully yours will be simpler. We passed on the van!

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
yet another problem with water in a m/h you must log all the repairs to you m /h after the repair run the shower for a long time tell the dealer you are going to do this and you will return the m/h back to them every time they tell you it's fixed lol ray

Apr 26, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
2004 Bessacarr E735
Exp
3 years
Morning Michelle.How was Wetherspoons ?
If it was me I'd ask for a full damp report when it's done or better still get an independent check and ask them to pay.
That way they're not just putting numbers on a piece of paper.
I'm sure you'll be ok but it's later on in the vans life you need to be sure of.

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
Not Marquis is it?

OP
OP
michpiggy

michpiggy

Free Member
Aug 8, 2015
West lancashire
Funster No
MH
Elddis advante 285
Exp
Lowdhams are due to call tomorrow to arrange collection.
Then once they have got her we will ask for a complete report on damage and decide if we want to keep her or not.

OP
OP
michpiggy

michpiggy

Free Member
Aug 8, 2015
West lancashire
Funster No
MH
Elddis advante 285
Exp
We have been told by the dealer the waste pipe from the shower to the waste tank had a split in it.
They have said there is no water damage to the motorhome apart from a little wood in the locker and that will be replaced.

We should have her back next week.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back