Feb 18, 2009
widnes
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 week
hi there
have got the chance to buy a eldiss autostratus ck 1997 with 51000 on the clock.its fitted with a 2.5 peugeot boxer engine and cab is this a reliable m/home .
many thanks:thumb:

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Our previous motorhome was a 1999 autostratus ck. The only problem I ever had with it in the 2 years of ownership was a burst tyre and I don't think you can blame Elddis for that:thumb:

Reason for changing was that SWMBO wanted a different layout (she has since changed her mind several times - I think we like the current layout today...)

Upvote 0

45eEver

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Funster No
If it has wood framing between the inner and outer skins, check for rot very carfully.

The steam out of your breath etc, passes through the inner skin, condenses on the outer skin, runs down, and soaks into the wood framing.
The wood framing rots.
Known as interstitial condensation.

Check to see if it's comnfortable to drive.
Unless you don't mind arriving with a bad back.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Dingray on this site owns a similar van and has done so ofr nearly 10 years I think. Makes a great party bus because his has the rear lounge.
He (Ray) seems really happy with it. :thumb:

Upvote 0

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
If it has wood framing between the inner and outer skins, check for rot very carfully.

The steam out of your breath etc, passes through the inner skin, condenses on the outer skin, runs down, and soaks into the wood framing.
The wood framing rots.
Known as interstitial condensation.

Check to see if it's comnfortable to drive.
Unless you don't mind arriving with a bad back.

Interstitial condensation !!!!! I think you can get medication for that !!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
autostratus

we have eldis autostratus 2.5 diesel love it

Upvote 0

45eEver

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Funster No
Link Removed interstitial condensation causes a number of respiratory diseases, and makes life a misery for many people.

It seems in rather bad taste to joke about it.

I suggest you edit your comment out.

Upvote 0

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Link Removed interstitial condensation causes a number of respiratory diseases, and makes life a misery for many people.

It seems in rather bad taste to joke about it.

I suggest you edit your comment out.

So "interstitial condensation" is a problem in a motorhome but we are not allowed to make jokes about it:Confused: - is this a new form of political correctness that I was previously unaware of? Have I been a motorhomist all this time?

I understand that it could cause health problems for some people but so can thousands of other things - pet allergies, pollen, pigs, etc, etc... Are we not allowed to make jokes about anything now in case it upsets someone who might be affected in some way? I personally have various potentially serious health problems but I certainly don't expect people to refrain from mentioning anything about them when I am in the room.

Life's too short - this website is meant to be FUN

Upvote 0

45eEver

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Funster No
Phil, it's bad taste to make jokes about medication for incurable health problems.

It's good taste to make jokes that don't risk upsetting disabled folks.

To do with good manners not political correctness.
To do with not kicking a man when he's down.

Heart and lung conditions that arise from mould growing in damp places are pretty demoralising.
Especially for children.

Another reason to ventilate at night?

Upvote 0

Scunny-Arfie

Free Member
Sep 21, 2008
Scunthorpe
Funster No
joke

I happen to be disabled with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), i may not be able to run a marathon (come to think of it i cant run) but atleast i can still laugh + in no way did i find Steve4Kay's comment in anyway offensive. Lighten up a little + laugh when + while we are still able. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back