Advice wanted on head lamp protectors (1 Viewer)

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
30 years caravan, 2 year motorhome
We have a 2013 motorhome based on the Ducato chassis, and I am interested in buy some headlamp protectors/covers and I see that there are several makes on the market,

Can anyone please advise on the pros and cons of the different makes available.

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
Not sure about covers but, we have Lamin-x protective film on our head lamps.

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
I think I got these ones - it was a while ago!

They were fairly easy to fit.

I wasn't so concerned about getting them for their protective qualities so much as the ability for quick and easy headlamp beam deflectors to be fitted. They came with two pairs, but with the markings for where they go on the actual covers it's really easy just to stick some elec tape on in the relevant places when you've used the two pairs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
They sound like the "official" Fiat ones - mine cost about £75 for a set but were quite easy to fit and, as above, I got them for the beam deflector issue. There are others about which are cheaper but don't, I believe, have the markings for the deflectors.

Just a note - I was recently fitting some LED driving lights which involved taking out the nearside headlamp unit (actually a doddle) and discovered the headlamp lens and the inside of the protector were filthy. Hadn't noticed the build up of muck!

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
Fitted a pair to our 2014 Peugeot Boxer. Good protection from stone hol;es etc but also have re-used the headlamp beam deflectors three times with no problem. easy to fit - though typically French/Italian had several bits to unbolt before the could be put into place.

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Just realised the link I had intended to put in hasn't gone in.

These were the ones I got.
Broken Link Removed

Jackyboy61

Free Member
Jun 6, 2014
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
  • I bought mine from the guy who sells the mirror protectors at one of the shows I asked how much for mirror and head lamp protectors and got a good deal,they have been on for the last three years and still look as good as new,easy peasy to put on but well worth the money,mirrors and headlamps are expensive

Last edited:

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
Fitted mine on a 2014 fiat ducato purchased from van comfort at Peterborough show cost £40 good fit and a simple job with a video on utube

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back