Advice sought on finding an Adria Twin hi top camper van with transverse bed+dinette, or similar models (1 Viewer)

suedee100

Free Member
Aug 11, 2019
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
looking now
Exp
since 1997
Hello I'm new to the forum (though not new to camping or motor homing), & have come here initially seeking help to get started. Please, if anyone can offer advice on the below problems we'd be really grateful.

We are now looking to buy an Adria Twin hi top camper van or equivalent. We find the layout of a Twin we've seen is just what we need: to go on longer trips by ourselves and therefore enjoy a bit of comfort, a fixed transverse bed would be easier than making up a bed every night, while a dinette would provide sitting space if one of us needs a nap or lie-in; but also, 4 forward facing seats with 4x 3 point seat belts would mean we can take young grandchildren with us on short trips or days out and safely belt them in. However finding the right Twin is proving very elusive, there seem to be so many models I am finding it hard to identify which Adria Twins are hi top camper vans (we are familiar & comfortable with that style so are not interested in a coach built motorhome) that have the transverse bed layout with dinette that we like.
So, it's proving hard to narrow down our search to find any matching our criteria for sale within our budget - which ideally would be below £21k. We have no idea which models to specify, and the Adria site only gives info on current models, while the usual selling sites do not offer the choice of transverse bed as a search option all making searches rather difficult!

We have recently heard that a few other makes have this layout but are finding it very hard to identify them so we can look out for them also - so would welcome any pointers on other van makes/models with the same layout.

We had thought it might be easier than this, and are now just getting very confused, so can anyone help please, with
*some clear advice on Adria Twin camper van models and which years are best (or not), & what we should look out for in buying a used vehicle
*pros and cons of Adrias vs other equivalent makes with the layout we like and
*the names of any other possible makes/models with the same layout, that we could look out for?
*We'd really welcome any guidance on good ways to locate what we'd like, too. While narrowing down our search to the right van for us, we have travelled some distance in pursuit of vans which have proved very disappointing with misleading advertising and heavily overpriced vehicles, so some pointers to help us get it right and hopefully find a van to suit would be really welcome.

Although we do plan all season camping we'd love to get out on the road before summer disappears, but getting the right van that will last us well is the most important thing.. are we best just waiting even if for some time, for the right van to come along in the autumn, or have we missed our chance of getting a good deal this year & should we expect to wait until next spring? I'm not asking for a crystal ball here, just a bit of helpful guidance from those of you with some experience in these things?
Thank you anyone who has read my plea to the end, & more thanks to anyone who may be able to offer any advice to move us along.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Sorry, can't help but
animated welcome group purple.gif

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Now it just so happens that I could have the very thing u are looking for an adria twin.
Not yet up for sale but been thinking about it.
When it goes up for sale it will be more than your budget but maybe a deal could be done at the very top of your budget.
You dont say where you are located but whatever/wherever you buy from you need to be able to look at it.
Send me a pm(private message) if interested in further discussion.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
All Adria Twins have a similar front dinette, rear bed layout that you are looking for
All are high tops

£20000 will buy you a 12 to 15 year old one

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2017
Some have a longitudinal bed don’t they though? I suspect the OP wants transverse so that the van is shorter. I think the easiest way to find these is the length - all longitudinal beds are in a van of at least 6.36m. Any 6m or below vans would have a transverse rear bed, there wouldn’t be room for anything else. I suspect the same would be true of any other “euro” layout, such as Globecar, Hymercar and so on.

We have the SGX 6.36 - I found it hard to tell whether the bed is transverse or longitudinal as it was pictured differently in different places, but we use it longitudinally.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
You are of course spot on
OP seemed to think that some “twins” did not have the continental style layout that he wants that we all have?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back