Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I have been told that the back suspension is almost on the stops and that I should invest in some coil spring helpers or air suspension !!!

What are these, how much do they cost and who does the best job !!! Distance is no object !!!

Many thanks in advance !!!! :thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Spring helpers are like a rubber block you fit inbetween a couple of coils stops the spring going all the way down.
Air suspension could be said is the proper way to do it - you then have control over what height you run at.

http://www.as-airsuspension.co.uk/

Is it a case of your springs have become weak and really need to be replaced?

spring helper to give up to 2 inch lift - good for a short while but not ideal really i would of thought
Link Removed

Last edited:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
I have been told that the back suspension is almost on the stops and that I should invest in some coil spring helpers or air suspension !!!

What are these, how much do they cost and who does the best job !!! Distance is no object !!!

Many thanks in advance !!!! :thumb:

Hi, Dave Newell sorted us out with our air assist. We are very pleased with the results.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Spring helpers are like a rubber block you fit inbetween a couple of coils stops the spring going all the way down.
Air suspension could be said is the proper way to do it - you then have control over what height you run at.

http://www.as-airsuspension.co.uk/

Is it a case of your springs have become weak and really need to be replaced?

spring helper to give up to 2 inch lift - good for a short while but not ideal really i would of thought
Link Removed

He is spot on - I would say your springs need replacing. Motorhomes do carry very near 'maximum load' for the van base - it is like driving a van loaded up all it's life. Springs will wear out fairly quickly.

You can replace springs, which are cheap and easy to do - or convert to air bags which are quite useful, though more expensive to replace and REQUIRE MAINTENANCE. (wash them now and again to keep grit out, minimises puncture problems)

Choice is yours - bags would benefit you in the long run with more uses and higher weight capabilities.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

Had a van that was saggy at the back, fitted air ride and was a totally different van to drive, stable with no further problems.

Hope this helps

Dave .:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
We have fitted air ride to our winnebago

We fitted air ride bags to our Winnebago RV they are operated by aremote control device I have clipped to my sun visor and I can adjust the pressure even in motion if i wish. I can also put up one side or own on the other..

I havea built in compressor in a locker and it works well. Gives great ride and makes taking a corner easy... Plus it brings up the backend... off what was what was the bumps..replaced now with the air bags.

Not cheap, but is the best route. ..spring assisters are made in various ways, but ineffect stop the coil springs compressing... There are assisters to leaf springs as well.

As an American motor home I imported my own and arranged fitting. But for eurobox vans you can get kits in the UK and any companies now supply and fit.

Hope that helps

Bob:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Driverites (airbag assisters) sorted my long wheelbase Iveco Turbo Daily (intercooled) Wagon perfectly, cost £250 for the (basic) kit and were nearly a DIY job to fit except I got JD Repairs of Sennybridge to do mine (Champers)

JJ :thumb: :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back