Advice please ... Victron SmartSolar mppt 75/15 (1 Viewer)

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I am changing my solar charge controller to one of the above and I'm confused (not unusual) on the position required for the jumper. As delivered the jumper is across 2&3 and hoping some of you electricery wizards will have the answer. funflair Lenny HB

My system is 160w of panels and 2 x 110ah wet lead acid leisure batteries

Last edited:

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Doesn’t it depend on the type of battery; Wet acid, Gel, AGM, lithium, etc?

Might help if you indicate the type of battery you have.

Sorry that I cant answer your question.

Ian

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I had that controller and it was set on 2-3 with AGM’s then later with Gels, the agms lasted 8yrs and were still going strong...👍🏼
Do you not have the manual..?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
I thought the jumper was for the automatic cut-off at low discharge on the load circuit (to give you a choice). You set battery type and voltages required in the app.

3.6 The load output (see figure 1 and 2 at the end of the manual)
The VE.Direct communication port (see sect. 1.8) can be used to configure the load output. (dongle needed when using the Bluetooth app)Alternatively, a jumper can be used to to configure the load output as follows:
● No jumper: BatteryLife algorithm (see 1.4)
● Jumper between pin 1 and pin 2: conventional Low voltage load disconnect: 11,1V or 22,2VAutomatic load reconnect: 13,1V or 26,2V

● Jumper between pin 2 and pin 3: conventional Low voltage load disconnect: 11,8V or 23,6VAutomatic load reconnect: 14V or 28V

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I am changing my solar charge controller to one of the above and I'm confused (not unusual) on the position required for the jumper. As delivered the jumper is across 2&3 and hoping some of you electricery wizards will have the answer. funflair Lenny HB

My system is 160w of panels and 2 x 110ah wet lead acid leisure batteries

The jumper is for configuring the load output. It can be ignored if you aren't using it. You can also remove the jumper and just configure using your phone.

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I found that there was hardly anything of it ? Then someone posted the online manal the other week so I downloaded that to find it was exactly the same & nothing in it. I just left the jumper where it was .
Like most manuals today there's a few pages in English for the item and then rest is made up with every other possible world language.:wink:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back