Advice please morocco insurance (1 Viewer)

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Hi all
Our van insurance is due and we need to insurance to cover our trip to morocco in new year any advice on insurance company that will insure for extended time about 90 max days away from uk in 1 journey

Any suggestions from you guys that did this last year and if possible some idea of what to expect in cost
8 years no claims no accident convictions bla bla bla

Thanks guys sarcasm expected and appreciated

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have always been with Safeguard, however because of the Morocco trip earlier this year. Comforts (aviva) had a provision that if you broke down in Morocco you could claim costs back.. Luckily not needed and unsure how good it would have been if I had needed to claim.. Safeguard gave no cover at all ref Moroc breakdown.

It actually came out a bit cheaper as well even with paying for a green card, safeguards was free. Dare I say it was via the other MHF insurance but Comfort is the same and both underwritten by Aviva..

There is 365 days travel cover in Europe as far as i remember and full European breakdown cover ( Morocco as above).
Cost for me was around £340 ish...

Hope that helps and I cant give any more info cos I am on the "lash" in nice, sunny, hot Benidorm. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We found Comfort very good for Morocco, we also found it useful to tie our household insurance in with them got good comprehensive cover.

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
As mentioned, Comfort Insurance - remember to include a Green Card which they will ask for, when in Morocco.

Enjoy your trip!

OP
OP
Peter & Elaine
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
thanks all just renewed with comfort
£315 with full cover and rac euro cover
morocco is £17.50 for green card to sort out 15 days before departure
breakdown cover for morocco pay as you go till back into Spain
claim any money spent on return home

real easy to deal with and 100 quid cheaper than staveley head and that did not include rac

so big thank guys

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back