Advice please - faulty CAMOS rearview camera (1 Viewer)

amanda121287

Free Member
Jun 12, 2018
Funster No
I bought a used motorhome, an Eldis Sunseeker 100, 6 weeks ago. Very pleased with it, and trying to learn its funny ways. It has a CAMOS rear view camera which only works intermittently. Sometimes it displays a perfect picture, sometimes it just displays a blue screen with "NO SIGNAL". I believe it is a wireless system.

Is anyone able to recommend an individual or company in the South West area (I am near Exeter) who might be able to repair it?

Many thanks!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Not what you want to hear but Jim is spot on. No wireless system will ever work perfectly all the time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
As above. A wired camera is a lot more reliable.
Doubt you will find anyone who can "repair" ..

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
There’s probably nothing wrong with it, it’s just doing what wireless systems do.

Upvote 0

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Eddie Vanbitz is not too far away from you and his firm fits all manner of electrical gizmos and you get a discount as a funster.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
First have a look at the screen and see what inPut ports you have. Lots of screens have various ports not just wireless. Then check if the screen can be programmed to except different types of camera input. If the answer to both is yes then you can order a camera from eBay or Amazon and see if you can get it working with a short lead to the screen. Once you have established it works then run a cable to the camera. You can always run the cable over the top of the Motorhome using stick down plastic track. If you order one from Amazon and it does not work you can always send it back or just buy a new screen and camera. I have taken a few of the cameras to bits and there is not much to choose between them. They all must be made in the same Chinese Factory and different labels stuck on them

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back