Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
beginner, I don't like the newbie term
Hi ladies and gents, I'm currently south of Lisbon and could with aMH service/ garage I have a leak in one of the internal water pipes and I'm thinking of having solar panels fitted. Has anyone used a garage on the west coast of Portugal or northcoast of Spain, west coast of France that can fix MH problems that they'd recommend and does any one know if it is cheaper getting solar panels fitted on route or wait til I get back to Ireland. Any recommendation with contact details really appreciated.
Thanks in antipacipation.
Regards Jamie

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Hi Jamie

Sorry to hear about your leak. Can't advise on local repairers where you are but hopefully some knowledgeable person will come along soon.

Kath

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Unless it's a hole appeared in your plumbing I would have thought it might only be a jubilee clip that needs tightening up with a screw driver if you can get to it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
To answer you second question it could be cheaper getting the solar fitted in Spain but are your language skills up to ensuring you understand what you will be getting? More importantly, what do you do if it stops working once you get back to NI? If your not DIY minded I would get it done back home.

And for the leak, try and locate it first if you can.

OP
OP
jimiol

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
thanks for the replies to date, My plumbing pipes are pop in type and one is loose fixed for now with gaffer tape.
I think I will wait until I get back to Ireland to get the solar done.

Still looking for a service for motorhomes but I will google but I would have preferred a personal recommendation.
Go to go for know 1780 driving miles left to Cherbourg

Reactions: DBK
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Jimiol. There is a motorhome repairer at Vera in Southern Spain. It is run by a British chap about 50 years old and carries a lot of spares, which he sell at cost plus 10% which is VERY good. He carries over 8,000 spare parts and was taking out a fridge for a German when I was there. ( I translated for him) His partner is a Dutchman, who also speaks perfect English ( as they all do )
I bought an inverter from them when mine went "kaput". It did subsequently fail, but I got a complete refund, including my postage costs !!
((I only told you about the inverter to illustrate the "professionalism of the people..))
I can dig out the address for you (I think) if you need it..
Good luck.. Mitch...
I just looked at the date of the original poster !!!!!! DEC 21st 2011 !!! DOH !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jimiol

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
Thanks but we've passed Vera now but if you can pm the the address it will be helpful for next year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back