Advice on travel to Brittany June 2013 please (1 Viewer)

elsiekay1

Free Member
Feb 28, 2013
Glos
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2007
Hi all

After our taster trip to Normandy last year, we hope to "do" some of Brittany in June. We have our sailings booked to St Malo then back from Roscoff and will have about 2 weeks to bimble round. I have booked the first couple of nights at a site close to Mont St Michel so we can have a look round that bit but after that we are free.

We don't want to drive hundreds and hundreds of miles but thought we might travel along the northern coast. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a rough itinerary between St Malo and Roscoff which might give us a good taste of Brittany? We like small towns/coast and country so hopefully we should be able to find all of those.

Any suggestions from seasoned Brittany travellers would be much appreciated! :Smile:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, I will be interested in your reply's as we are going to brittany in sept for 2 weeks , been once before did the rose granite coast (north brittany )visited a nice little island while up there Ile de Brehat and then went down to the south just north of st nazaire La Turballe / Le Crosoic , so cant give much info on the rest of brittany.
Terry:sin:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Cancalle's nice esp if you like oysters only don't go to one of the posh resaurants on t'front - go along to the fish market on the corner, where you can get a dozen for about €5 and can have the same local well chilled white wine except it's in a plastic glass and you have to sit on the steps to eat them, but you still get em on a proper oyster plate with a proper oyster knife, about half a lemon and a lump of bread. Shedloads of cheap white napkins and a lemon scented handwipe is a sealed plastic packet.

Looked B lovely; just a shame neither of us like em LOL

All round Dinard is pretty - loads of lakes, and inland a bit Dinan is ancient and touristy and very very pretty.

I'll have a look where else we've been - I know we've been round the Quiberon peninsula but that and round about Lorient might be a tad too far on this trip. Can't recommend sites because we stay on aires!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
N Coast - the Cote de Granit Rose (Pink Granite Coast) around Tregastel-Plage is lovely. Aire at Tregastel, nice campsite called Le Ranolien near Perros-Guirec.

NE of Rennes is Fougeres with its impressive medieval Chateau and two aires.

If you like sandy beaches there's the bit between St Guenole and Penhors, which includes Pointe de la Torche. Aire at St Guenole, good campsite near Penmarc'h.

Further south - Locronan, quaint old village with wall to wall cobbles, and a small aire.

Concarneau - walled town in port, aire near old railway station

Further south still, Quiberon peninsula, (various aires) and Carnac where there's row upon row of prehistoric standing stones spreading across the landscape. Aire in town centre.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Head to the southern coast to Pont Aven village of the artists like Paul Gaugin. Campsite at Raguenes Plague. Good beach access and a smugglers footpath. On the northern coast at Lanion is the site of the French end of the Telstar trans Atlantic TV transmissions.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Hi all

After our taster trip to Normandy last year, we hope to "do" some of Brittany in June. We have our sailings booked to St Malo then back from Roscoff and will have about 2 weeks to bimble round. I have booked the first couple of nights at a site close to Mont St Michel so we can have a look round that bit but after that we are free.

We don't want to drive hundreds and hundreds of miles but thought we might travel along the northern coast. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a rough itinerary between St Malo and Roscoff which might give us a good taste of Brittany? We like small towns/coast and country so hopefully we should be able to find all of those.

Any suggestions from seasoned Brittany travellers would be much appreciated! :Smile:

We will be there in June as well. Thank you all for your handy tips which I have copy and pasted. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

OP
OP
E

elsiekay1

Free Member
Feb 28, 2013
Glos
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks all for your tips. Gives us a lot to think about!

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Beaches, Val Andre, Erquy, Sable d,or. Towns Dinard, Dinan, a mustsee, and Moncontour. Jugon les lac is a lovely place with a good campsite on the lake.
City, Rennes, with its saturday morning market.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back