Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Sounds like Angela has yet to learn about your new mode of transport
That's a good point ... she might not LIKE being a pillion passenger ... I hate it!

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
No she knows all about it. She does not know if she will like being a passenger, so she will try it too. If we buy a cheap little Innova we will not losse a lot of money anyway.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
No she knows all about it. She does not know if she will like being a passenger, so she will try it too. If we buy a cheap little Innova we will not losse a lot of money anyway.
... especially if you pick up a good priced second hand one as now is a good time to get one and then if you don't like it by selling it when the weather improves you should get back at least what you paid for it, if not more. Obviously insurance will still have to paid regardless but a second-hand one should be cheaper to insure than a brand new one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for everybody's good advice.

I have now booked a full day's training for the end of the month. Half of it will be a back to biking course and the other half a pillion training course for both Angela and I. They are providing the bike and all the gear. The bike will be a Honda Vision 110 which is probably going to be the sort of bike I will buy if we get on well with being on a bike again.

Using Phoenix at Footscray, who seem a very efficient organisation.

Tikitiboo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2012
New Forest
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since late 2012
We may have been in a similar position a couple of years back when we got our first Moho. I've used my full mc license on and off for some 50 years so returning again seemed not too problematic, but this time I'd have a pillion with me on most journeys so would need to keep her comfortable and feeling safe at all times.

The Honda dealers advice was very useful. With a total of 25 stones to carry he felt anything less than 125 cc might not be up to it so we went for the Honda PCS 125 scooter having electric start and twist and go. The only 'extras' we had were a rear mounted top box and scooter cover. The top box stores the other helmet on the one hand and the lock and security chains on the other.

It's been a perfect fit for purpose and is very well engineered with the sort of power to get you out of trouble at close quarters and insufficient power to get you into self inflicted trouble in the first place.

On that first Moho we had the Easylifter rack on tow ball. It worked fine but because the included ramp was too short the scooter grounded on the ramp as it was offered up into position. Of course if I'd had a larger wheeled scooter ot motorcycle I may not have had this problem.

On current Moho the PCS goes in the garage and to avoid any grounding I've provided a DIY solution to ramp provision. I use a four piece aluminium folding ladder with plywood plates running across the rungs to create a flat rolling surface. The angle formed between Moho garage entrance lip and ground is sufficiently shallow to avoid any grounding. The travel storage of the folding ladder and plates is no problem. We do have to remove the top box and the wing mirrors to leave us with an overall height of 1080 mm ( to top of windscreen ). The PCS is secured in the garage by small wheel chocks and ratchet straps; they work well.

We both feel a little safer getting about town or village on the continent as there seems to us to be a greater awareness of scooter and motorcycle presence. We wouldn't be without the PCS as it has served us well in provisions, landmarks, local tours and restaurants.

Good luck and I'd love to hear how you get on.

David

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back