Advice on last minute jaunt to Spain (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Hi,
Also planning a trip to Spain with 2x propane bottles, I am also taking 2x campingaz 407 butane cylinders and a regulator. Gampingaz is available throughout Europe. I don't think you will be able to refill the propane bottles, your on board regulator should take either gas.
Camping Gas must be the most expensive in Europe..Small dumpy 16 euros in Spain 28 euros in France,think they are 2.5 kg.Daylight robbery.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Camping Gas must be the most expensive in Europe..Small dumpy 16 euros in Spain 28 euros in France,think they are 2.5 kg.Daylight robbery.
Even more in the UK!

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Just got back from Spain via Santander last night, heading back on 7th December. The only sailing is to Santander is on Galaicia. Its their new small boat. includes three Coures evening meal and small selection continental breakfast or you can pay £6 for cooked big boys. The boat yesterday was was full. We turned up at the port around 12.30 (Sailing 5.30pm)was parked up near the front. Went for a lovely walk and meal on the sea front. Was loaded from 4pm ,we were put on straight away. Loading took three hours and on board people were complaining overall that it took five hours in the Q to check in and board (BF check each Covid certificate and PLF so its slow), so get there early if your return boat is full. Fuel leaving Santander at the various garages around 1.27/1.30 then keep an eye on your travels for independent garages selling from 1.25 to 1.32. Major garages all charging 1.45. LPG in the main is from Repsol around 79 cent. At Portsmouth one of the first in line off and through passport control in 10 minutes(They were searching all MHs for extra passengers)
“New small boat “ ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Doubt if it will take longer than a week to arrive.
From DVLA you must be joking and I live 5miles from the cursed building it would “normally”take 7/10days, but currently the whole place is a shambles, it’s just not fit for purpose.

Deleted User
continental breakfast or you can pay £6 for cooked big boys.
Or have both:giggle:......cooked breakfast can be paid for with new £10 voucher which is usable in all food outlets/bars and can be used for multiple transactions if not used in one go.........If you are a BF Club Voyage member:giggle:

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
As I was driving home an hour ago, there was an ad by DVLA on the radio extolling the virtues of online licence renewal in a week. Advertising Standards Authority, anyone?

Dec 1, 2020
Brassempouy, south west France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B878 SL
Exp
Since Feb 2020
The biggest problem we've had travelling in Spain in winter is a shortage of propane, as although its Spain it can be cold. Suggest you get a couple of Spanish pigtails from Hamilton Gas Products in the UK then you can use Spanish Repsol gas bottles, which are available everywhere. We always carry pigtails for France, Spain & Germany wherever we go.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
As I was driving home an hour ago, there was an ad by DVLA on the radio extolling the virtues of online licence renewal in a week. Advertising Standards Authority, anyone?
Got mine in 4 days,the wife's took 5 days.BUSBY.

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
The biggest problem we've had travelling in Spain in winter is a shortage of propane, as although its Spain it can be cold. Suggest you get a couple of Spanish pigtails from Hamilton Gas Products in the UK then you can use Spanish Repsol gas bottles, which are available everywhere. We always carry pigtails for France, Spain & Germany wherever we go.
When I first went to Spain I only took one Calor bottle, a pigtail adaptor from Hamilton Gas and bought a Repsol out there, I think that the Repsol bottle is butane but never had any issues as it has always been over 5 deg when I'm there

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have been touring in Europe for the last 40 years, including pre EU, and never been asked for any paperwork apart from passport. You could be unlucky of course.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
When I first went to Spain I only took one Calor bottle, a pigtail adaptor from Hamilton Gas and bought a Repsol out there, I think that the Repsol bottle is butane but never had any issues as it has always been over 5 deg when I'm there
There's no problems getting Propane in Spain, both Repsol and Cepsa do both, the problem you might have is swapping a Butane bottle for Propane. 😁 Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back