advice on either a Carthago chic c line or C tourer (1 Viewer)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We've got all of the above on our van.
Selling it over the summer as we're awaiting delivery of a new van.

Drop me a PM if you want details - we're based near Uckfield in East Sussex, if you fancy a look - if only to confirm that it's the right spec model for you.

Best of luck finding your van.

I'd certainly recommend the Air Suspension for the massive improvement it makes to ride comfort and handling. It's not cheap, but it's worth it.
The full air and jacks will be a lot cheaper on a nice used van(y) isn't that right Robert.

Martin

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
I have a c-tourer I149 which is an A class and a friend has just bought a new c-line.. There is no doubt his is more upmarket than mine but the build quality is the same. I'm not sure the extra bells & Whistles are worth the extra cost but it is a lovely vehicle. I do prefer the A class version to the C class as they give a spectacular view out the front and the impression of more room when the seats are turned round to face the table.

I would suggest that the versions with a separate shower and toilet are better than the ones with a combined shower/toilet room. Bed layout is a personal preference but we prefer the 2 singles which can be converted into a huge double.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We have a Chic C Line on order the quality looks very good we went for the queen bed option.

If I knew Roberts van was up for sale I would of bought that before we placed a order for the new van it looks great and has a lot of extra's on it.

Paul

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We have a Chic C-Line I5.0, same van as Robert's.........almost. Very few Carthago's are exactly the same because of the huge range of options.
It's now 25 months old and has done 25k miles.
The Fiat base has performed 100% OK, including the Comfortmatic gearbox.
A few problems with equipment in the van, mostly those made by Dometic, fridge and oven. Also a few plumbing problems which are now sorted.
The fit and finish of the van, particularly the furniture and interior, are first class.
Spent the equivalent of almost 6 months in the van last year and hope to beat that in 2017.
It is a very comfortable and pleasant place to be.

Richard.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
We having waited so long for sept reg & Eddie at vanbitz slot, went and had our handover of our new C tourer T148H and we were chuffed to say the least. They come in 3 spec levels, ours is spec 2, so tech tower (oven above FF) longer sofa on off side, no drop down bed as only 2 of us.
We haven't driven it yet as its being taken over to Vanbitz for us next week, to get alarm, tracker, and reversing cameras fitted.
Having come from a caravan back ground, we have had to make many, many compromises, but if you want a quality built, double floored luxury van with a large garage, then we think its worth it.
As its our first MH, I was scared to even contemplate an A class in terms of the overall size, some say they look like bread vans!:) But our van is 7.4 Mtrs long so same size in length as a Chic!Deceptive or what?
We now have so much stuff to buy and fit, it doesn't even have a radio! However, we will get there soon, and I have taken the advice of other users in that we should get it home and use it then see what is actually needed.
I did forget to ask at the handover or maybe I forgot the answer, if there were any fresh and grey water tank gauges, and didn't notice if there were any smoke or CO detectors!, my excuse is that I had enough to worry about on the day, it was a large balance transfer! :cry:
We now need another 80amp gel battery first, then a fire extinguisher. already got spare wheel and EHU lead, will need to get longer grey waste pipe also as the "sample" we have is about 700mm long! Tight bar stewards at Carthago!

Many people say you have to go through 3 vans to get one thats right for you!, well I sincerely hope thats not the case with us.
Best wishes to all, happy touring.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Well done! Hope you enjoy your new van as much as we enjoy ours.

There are guages for fresh and waste tanks incorporated in the panel over the door. Unusually, compared with anything we've had before, they are extremely accurate.
There won't be smoke or CO detectors unles the dealers have added them (most unlikely).
Once you get the van I would suggest a night or two in it somewhere close to the dealer so that any niggles can be sorted easily, there will almost certainly be one or two things to be put right.

If there's anything that you feel you need help with just shout, either on here or via PM.

Richard.

Reactions: f6c
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Many Thanks Richard for your support & encouragement, Good to know that there are water level gauges on the control panel, good also that they dont play up like the Sargent ones do on Swift products.
I am surprised that vans are allowed to be sold in the UK without CO2 & Smoke alarms as they use gas, even if vented outside, there is a still a risk, or must be as UK caravans have them fitted as standard, part of NCC rules,or something, not sure about continental caravans though.
So, I will get some kit ordered & a Fire extinguisher. We will be staying at Eddies on The Cornish Farm while he runs all his cables ect, its not far from our dealers, so if any faults are found, at least we are local.
PS: I am still loving your blog, its a great read, I have so many questions to ask you both, I sit reading the blog on one screen, then open another trying on follow your route on Google Maps, then zoom into Google earth for a 3D view, so much so I can get quite dizzy twisting my head and neck trying to get the best perspective.:sick: It will be great to meet you both and everyone else on a Carthago Meet, we are still considering the firework Party at Lincoln, given a free hand we may well come along.
Thanks again everyone for sharing this with us.

Reactions: f6c

David Birchall

Free Member
Mar 12, 2019
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
15 years
Carhago chic 4.2f, we are having a test drive next week on a 2011 model. All looks good except for the rear plastic wall in the shower which has several fine cracks which look like marbling but you can feel with your fingers. Has anybody experienced or seen this issue? Should we be cautious. I can easily fix it myself.

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
As you may see from our picture we have a Burstner having considered Cathargo's. They look lovely and I would imagine the build quality is all it looks to be. Our two reservations on Cathargo of that size are: 1) we use a microwave quite often but there is no room to fit one and 2) the TV normally sits behind the bench seat which limits where you can view from and how many people you can get to watch a good game of footie.

Good luck with your choice, I am sure it will be great

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back