Advice on cleaning fabric liner. (1 Viewer)

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Like many of you out there we are spending lockdown time on those little jobs to our AS Kingham that have been outstanding for ages.
The fabric liner on the side and rear doors have started to look quite grubby. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to get these clean and any recommended cleaning agent they have found to be successful.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Like many of you out there we are spending lockdown time on those little jobs to our AS Kingham that have been outstanding for ages.
The fabric liner on the side and rear doors have started to look quite grubby. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to get these clean and any recommended cleaning agent they have found to be successful.
Do you mean carpet liner ? If so Dr Peckmann carpet stain remover works very well. Cheapest at B& M

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
This is what the valeters use, they also sell carpet shampoo (extraction shampoo) which is like a tenth of the price of vax stuff.

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
We have some small areas of staining on the fabric headlining of out twenty year old van, that is to say the thin white fabric that covers the ceiling. Several areas about 2 inches by six inches caused by an old water leak, now fixed. There is a slight orange stain to it possibly rust from the ceiling allatchment screws. Any ideas? I have considered bleach but wondered if there is a better method. The fabric should be stuck to the ceiling but has come loose in some areas, only noticeable if you push up on it with your hand.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
We have some small areas of staining on the fabric headlining of out twenty year old van, that is to say the thin white fabric that covers the ceiling. Several areas about 2 inches by six inches caused by an old water leak, now fixed. There is a slight orange stain to it possibly rust from the ceiling allatchment screws. Any ideas? I have considered bleach but wondered if there is a better method. The fabric should be stuck to the ceiling but has come loose in some areas, only noticeable if you push up on it with your hand.
water staining on white (cream) coloured ceilings tends to be permanent. Fabric paint would cover it

Reactions: 68c
Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
We've got a domestic version of the Rug Doctor carpet cleaner machine that you can hire from Homebase, Tesco's etc.

Anyway it's got a hand held attachment that is fantastic for cleaning furniture and upholstery, and car interiors, they come up looking like new. The vacuum is very powerful so it removes almost all of the water and leaves the upholstery almost dry.

So, I'd definitely recommend hiring a carpet cleaner with hand held attachment, and before you return it, you can do any carpets in your house that need a quick clean! 😊

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Oxalic acid

What is oxalic acid used for?
It is widely used as an acid rinse in laundries, where it is effective in removing rust and ink stains because it converts most insoluble iron compounds into a soluble complex ion. Oxalic acid, a colorless, crystalline, toxic organic compound belonging to the family of carboxylic acids.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
This is what the valeters use, they also sell carpet shampoo (extraction shampoo) which is like a tenth of the price of vax stuff.

That's worth knowing, thankyou, they are only 10 mins from me.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Once you’ve cleaned it and completely dry, use a fabric protector.

Loads on the market. On carpet type materials we use Scotchguard type products. 400mil spray cans from Screwfix.....about £4.99 can. Waterproof protection.

For our vehicle seats and cushions etc a water based spray. Expensive at about £15 for 500 mil, but works well and drys fast. I’ll see if I can find a link for it. (y)

It’s Fabsil from Screwfix, and the other fabric protector is Dodo Juice Supernatural Fabric Conditioner. (y)

DJT

Jun 20, 2019
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Now Sold
Exp
Autoglym upholstery cleaner👍Simple to use and costs about 7.99.
Used it for years on car upholstery and fabric and has never failed me.

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
Autoglym upholstery cleaner👍Simple to use and costs about 7.99.
Used it for years on car upholstery and fabric and has never failed me.
Another vote for that, always had very good results with it

Reactions: DJT

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back