Apr 13, 2009
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 997M
Exp
Since 2005
Hi.
Could any one help please. I would like to fit refillable LPG bottles to my motor home. The alugas system has been mentioned as a lightweight option, has anyone had this system fitted and could you and any one who would have any advice please help.
Regards
Batchpatch.:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
might be worth a PM to Dave Newell. If my memory serves me right I think he recommends these..

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi.
Could any one help please. Batchpatch.:thumb:

It might be prudent to wait a bit in view of the way things are moving with respect to actually filling these tanks.

All suppliers will say is, of course, "They Are Legal". But if the French supermarket won't turn on the pump you are stuffed.

It's got me worried, my filler is in the locker, moving it, even though it puts it in an inferior position, might be Plan A.

Plan B ? Is there one ?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we changed to Alugas last August very happy with them, got them here:

Link Removed
:Smile: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Joovilhar

Free Member
Mar 18, 2011
Düsseldorf
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Need some advice

I would like to buy an Alugas cylinder (I notice they are now available in 14kg sizes), and I need to know what sort of regulator and equipment I would need in order to connect it to a Campingaz Chef cooker.

If I understand correctly, the Alugas is already equipped for taking down to a German filling station (I do not think I need a filling converter, as the Alugas is made to German standards, and I would only be filling it in Germany) and I can presumably fill it full of LPG on the forecourt, and burn that with the Campingaz.

However, I do not know anything about regulators, so any help would be much appreciated.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi
Is there a question of legality regarding these alugas bottles in france:Doh:

I'm sorry I missed your reply. I don't know about legality, but I think they are legal, the problem is a fire some time ago in France involving filling a cylinder for a MH. It could even been one of the "iffy" ebay fillers, not a properly installed tank system like Alugas and Glaslow. As a knee jerk reaction one chain prohibits filling all except propulsion tanks in their stations.

We are happy gaslow users but never had to fill up abroad, one tank lasts a long summer holiday.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
If I understand correctly, the Alugas is already equipped for taking down to a German filling station

That does not sound correct, but I may be wrong. I see these as a fixed system with a filler on the end of a pipe with the filler firmly fitted to the bodywork.

I could see a big problem, you turn up and seem to be filling an LPG tank, they might well think you are illegally filling a tank with a dangerous filler and not turn on the pump.

With a fitted Alugas/Gaslow they will think you are LPG powered.

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
See this funsters experiences
Link Removed

Yes, I've read that - but NIGGLE still hasn't said what type of filler he has. It may well NOT be a professionally installed fixed external remote filler but one where he has to open the gas locker door - or even a 'micky mouse' E-bay one ....

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
as I said on another thread, I have filled up all over as little as 3 weeks ago. It seems Niggle just keeps getting regfused wherever he goes. Think he must be trying to drink the stuff. I met so many people that had not had a problem. I returned on March 1st, personally I dont believe it or should I say, I am yet to experience it so I really don't know why he is having a problem. If you look at his last thread where he states it was a massive issue, then you will clearly see there was again no substance to it.

There is a french website that Barryd posted up whereby they are saying "shrug shoulders" to it and it means nothing.

I think if it was common practice for people to be refused in France then it would make more than this board, it would make all the Boards. Ive no doubt it might occur somewhere but for me it hasn't. so go for it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back