Advice needed please! (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Hubby has noticed our rear tyres are showing signs of cracking on the walls. Has anyone bought new tyres whilst in Spain or France or is it best to wait until we get home. As it sailed through its MOT is there any great rush to change them? Are they likely to survive a hot summer in France and Spain or should we be dashing to the nearest tyre centre. :Eeek:

Highwayman1

Free Member
May 9, 2013
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autohomes
Exp
Since 1980 on & off
Personally I`d be on my way to the nearest tyre place to get them changed ! I wouldn`t be going too fast either. You may get other advice but as the tyres are keeping you from driving on the rims whilst you are away get it done. Costly maybe but what price safety ? I`m sure that resident funsters in France will point out the best deals. Take care

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Can't argue with above advice? What age are they.

There is a code on the sidewall.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we had tyre problem's while staying at Camping Marjal, went to a small tyre place in Catral told him what make and size we wanted, he got them the next day and phoned us, said come at five and they jacked the van up in the road and fitted 2 front, for not any more than the UK, even better now with the euro. (y)
Bob.
PS Had to pay for them before he ordered them.

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
they are 2003!!

They have led a charmed life and not made a fool of you. Time to part company and if they last as long as those have done you will have had a load of FUN.
Mine are only 2007, loads of tread and no cracking, however they are getting changed probably end of the week.

Can you imagine how much of the side of your van would be "shredded" if one decided to delaminate enroute somewhere. Shudder !!! :unsure:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The good news is you said rear 4 as a blow out might not be quite as catastrophic but still too old so change them.

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
We have googled tyres and found a chain based across Spain so we are going to call them tomorrow. There is a branch at Betera down the road from where we are parked. :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back