advice needed from any Hells Angels on here (1 Viewer)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Thanks for that PaPa very interesting:thumb:

Did we ever get a definitive answer to what size bike you can ride on a car licence (grandfathers rights) and if pillions are allowed, any one know to save me trawling??
Geo

Harley Dave

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Overton, Hants
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
<1
This is from Link Removed

I found this in the FAQ section - there's loads more in this Question and Answer format.

I have a full car licence, what can I ride?
If your licence was issued before 1st February 2001, then you can ride a 50cc moped, capable of not more than 30mph. Strangely enough, you will not need to display L plates, and you can carry a passenger if the bike has a passenger seat and rear footrests. If you want to ride a bike of over 50cc, up to 125cc, you must take Compulsory Basic Training (CBT), you must display L plates, and you must not carry passengers. The CBT certificate is valid for 2 years

What if my full car licence was issued after 1st February 2001?
You will need to take Compulsory Basic training (CBT). Once you have completed this course, you will be able to ride a 50cc moped without L plates, until your licence expires at age 70, and you will also be able to ride a bike of up to 125cc with L plates (no passengers allowed) for 2 years from the date you completed the CBT course.

I have a full car licence, do I need to do a theory test and take CBT to get a full bike licence?
Yes. Everyone must take a motorcycle theory test and CBT before they can take the motorcycle practical test. The only exception is for someone who has already passed a Motorcycle or Moped test, and wants to upgrade to a higher power machine

HTH

Cheers

Dave

PS I really think we should remove any reference to HA

They are very protective about use or even mention of their registered trade mark (it's true) and I would not like for motorhomers in general to have incurred their wrath - albeit innocently.

May I suggest an edit of the original title and any subsequent mention to avoid appearing in search engines etc?
D

Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Passed my test 1970 as needed to for street cred as first 250cc Honda was quick but needed 650cc bonnie then 750 cc Norton which were proper machine (till I was 17 that is and then 4 wheels was then the necessity)

All my school mates were girlie's and road around on little wheel machines with 175 cc max with many mirrors, lights, and wrought ironwork and funny coats called Parkers

These machines were to slow didn't fit in with my hells angel/rocker lifestyle.

Born again now apparently didn't feel a thing.

Now i have a really big toy:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
My 2 bikes. Irina wants me to give em up so sold the red 1100 this summer:cry::cry:

Link Removed

Sep 1, 2007
Guildford
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2004
I'm thinking i need something to get about on when we're on our travels.

I thought about having an A frame for the car.
But now i've been looking at motorcycles/scooters , there appears to be quite a lot of new Chinese machines about for not a lot of money.
Has anybody got any experiance of these or advice even
What would you do car or bike?

Don`t Know about hells angel we tow a vespa 125 twist and go behind our Bessacarr 795 I have been driving for many years but had to take a test for the scooter amazing how out of touch you can be, i enjoyed the whole learning process. the scooter has taken us out all over the placewhen we were abroad it got us all over Gibralter, down to beach along the costa`s and great down the lanes in this country , just back from Italy the vespa was at home round Lake Garda. The trailer we use is a box trailer which also carries the 2 push bikes and a inflatable sailing dinghy. needless to say i am biased but it all works for me
Cheers Lawrence:thumb:

Harley Dave

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Overton, Hants
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
<1
Lawrence - thanks for that - I'm interested in a box trailer for my bike for a variety of reasons

1. Keep the bike clean while travelling
  2. Keep the bike out of view when parked up
  3. Carry other stuff

What trailer have you got? and how easy is it to tie the scooter down in there - does the roof lift to get in or is it a HUGE trailer?

Cheers

Dave

BGD

Banned
Aug 20, 2007
Costa Blanca, Spain.
Funster No
Hi Bruce
So what are you saying ?they've got no sense of humour , not the ones i know and i've met and worked with a few over the years
So tell me why do they call themselves Hells Angels ?

cheers
Tony

Tony -

I'm saying that when other people start using their name, they get annoyed.
Honour and defending their usage of the Club name and colours is NOT a game.

And if you'd ever been inside the Club or really know any of the guys and understood the Club, you wouldn't have had to ask me what I meant.

AFFA.

W

wolfy62

Deleted User
Enjoyed reading through this thread,as im thinking of buying a trailer for my superglide Custom,which will be pulled behind my Autotrail Scout.
Garry

Attachments

• SSA50611.JPG
    SSA50611.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 16

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Tony, we have had a couple of Italjet 125cc, 80mph and 106kg of plastic.::bigsmile: But we came off in Spain in January :cry: and I cracked a rib and having all the safety gear(sandles and shorts) got a bit cut up. :Eeek: Jane was on her feet before she hit the road:ROFLMAO: and for some reason would not go on one again.:whatthe:so we brought a toad.:roflmto:. I have not had a chineese scooter, but I do have a chineese Generator (Kiper) which I am very happy with, that I brought on the grounds of, how much am I going to use it, ::bigsmile: a bit like a scooter, is it going to sit on the back of the van, most of the time, if so get a cheap one, and throw it away after 3 years. Bob. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
papa smurfs post.

what an informative reply, i was going to punch the "thanks" button but it deserves more than that. i am sure that the average (if there is such a beast) "HA" couldn't give a stuff about PC or health and safety or about what people think about them ! i for one think that the world revolves around everybody and if you don't like it then step off ! i have met a few "HA" and when you look past the uniform and actually converse with them they are a grand bunch of boys and girls who actually do a great deal of charity work that goes unrecognised. so (in my opinion) stop threatening that they are coming to get you ! sleep easy in your beds , they are an OK bunch !!! :thumb:

RickB

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
south devon uk
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
four years+
Hi:Smile:
I bought a Chinese Sukida SK125-2 on e-bay (a copy of Honda 125), it came in a crate, took me about one and a half hours to fit front wheel front mudguard foot rest side and main stands and indicators.
It's dry weight is only 105kg, travels comfortably at 60 mph, cost £605 on the road (plates tax and registration) insurance no problem goggled Chinese bike insurance sorted.
Only problem I had was a spongy front brake, Bled it, now A OK.
I don't have a full bike licence so i had to do the CBT, I was glad i did, you forget an awful lot in 30 years.
The other trainee i went out with was riding a bike supplied by the instructors company, different name but exactly the same bike as mine, the instructor said they had it for a couple of years with pretty much daily use with no problems.
I was a bit nervous about buying on the net but i'm very happy with what i got for my money no regrets.
Hope this helps.
RickB:thumb:

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
I've just started looking for a bike that will fit in my garage, the opening is 28" (711mm) wide x 41" (1041mm) high. Due to the weight for getting in & out of the garage & the max weight loading or the garage of 150 kg. I am looking at are 125's weighing around the 110 kgs but after reading this & a few of the biker forums I think I will pass on the Chinese bikes. Although there seems to be loads of 125 models they seem to be very scarce at the dealers I have visited :Sad: One dealer said they are as rare as hobby horse s**t at the moment. This makes it difficult trying to compare the bikes.
Has anybody got any recomendations of bikes they have had or know would fit the bill? I quite like the Suzuki VanVan but haven't had a look at one yet. I think I might struggle to get it in the garage.
One of the dealers I spoke to has offered to try a few bikes in for size if I go there mid week to see what would fit.:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
you want one of these Tony......after you pass your test :Doh:

IMG_0992.jpg

SUZUKI BURGMAN 400
just under 400cc..single cylinder liquid cooled..33bhp(restricted)..belt drive auto box(twist 'n' go)..just under 200kg..easy to ride..up to 70mpg..around 100mph top speed(if you're brave enough)..underseat storage for two helmets + odds and sods..glovebox and two cubby box's..£35 roadtax..around £100 fully comp ins.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
what an informative reply, i was going to punch the "thanks" button but it deserves more than that. i am sure that the average (if there is such a beast) "HA" couldn't give a stuff about PC or health and safety or about what people think about them ! i for one think that the world revolves around everybody and if you don't like it then step off ! i have met a few "HA" and when you look past the uniform and actually converse with them they are a grand bunch of boys and girls who actually do a great deal of charity work that goes unrecognised. so (in my opinion) stop threatening that they are coming to get you ! sleep easy in your beds , they are an OK bunch !!! :thumb:

Well Said.

You and Me too.So many people judge them by the cover and not the person inside.

Been there and done that.

Steve.:Cool:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
This is the world I live in :Smile:
Work in the field and have done for a long time.
The original question was about Chinese bikes.
While they HAVE improved no end they are still pretty terrible bits of kit.
I recently bought a brand new CCM 230cc thing to go on the back of the camper.
When it arrived I new instantly I had juct chucked away almost 2 grand ..
CCM have just bought Chinese bikes and put a couple of stickers on them.

The frame on the paint is so poor you can go down to metal with a finger nail
The rear sprocket is actually egg shaped
The clutch fried in less that 300 miles
The fork legs are so poor they stay down if pushed ( the castings are very very rough on the INSIDE and the sliders aint sliding as far as I can work out )
The tuning is set up REALLY lean to try and get some sort of performance from the wheezy engine ( so lean that the zorst glows bright red after just a few minutes hard use )

I often get people bring me Chinese bikes to service and or repair..
I always say the same.. You get the bits and I will do the work.. Usually I never see them again as parts are like hens teeth even from main importers

Quite simply do not go there..
Richard ( Village guitars I think he is called on here ) and I both ended up with 125 sand bikes.. He has a Suzuki RV125 ( the Van Van ) and I went for the Yamaha version, the TW125

If you fancy a TW ( they are quite funky with bigfat wheels and a slightly off road look to them ) I know where there is one with only 1700 miles on the clock.. The asking price of that is only £1400..
And yes, they do pull very well, two up, no probs as Richard will no doubt testify to !
Recently he went on an off road do with a large group of trail riders.. He and Gay left most of them for dead on the little VanVan ! ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back